Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:33 AM

704 posts, read 1,871,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdagarim View Post
Just my fiancé and I and our dog, but not bringing the dog on the visit.

Dundee is very nice neighborhood for dog walking, people watching and generally good quality of life. Older homes, established trees, etc. Benson has the older homes, but lower quality housing stock. Nice big trees as well, not quite as friendly for walking. Benson area has more bars and entertainment options than Dundee if that's what you're into... it's just a little more"funky", Dundee is more refined.

if you are more into suburban living than Omaha's got plenty of that as well almost anywhere west of 72nd...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 PM

107 posts, read 209,776 times
So I just visited Omaha for a few days. It didn't scream "this is where you need to be!" But with that being said it does seem fairly nice. Very clean, lots of different areas, Old Market is interesting and the zoo is nice. Spent a small amount of time in Benson and Dundee and it seemed decent enough. I was surprised with the Omaha visitors center with the indie radio station playing and there Saddle Creek Records display and the nice ladies working. For whatever reason I had a hard time navigating some areas, even with a GPS but that was mostly around where our hotel was and Dodge seemed weird. 2 full days isn't enough I'm sur toget a solid feel for an area. We also hit Lawrence KS for a day which is more my size of a city that I'm used to. It's very nice too but my fear would be ending up in the same situation as we did in Bloomington, IN though the unemployment is slightly lower in Lawrence.

I'm curious to know if the OP visited yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: