Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 02:11 PM

14,565 posts, read 23,090,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhettB View Post
The taxpayers can sustain any expenditure like this at the present time, but will ***** and moan like little brats about it because some money is being spent.
Fixed your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 11:27 PM

624 posts, read 1,310,677 times
I'm a taxpayer, but I'm not a "taxpayer" if you know what I mean. I personally would be happy to see the Gov. take some more of my money to make our city a better place to live. Or even better yet, exchange it for the taxes we use to pay for new road miles. And I agree, iamjacobm, we won't see anything new without an initial federal grant. But I like to think once the taxpayers see the kind of improvement these new types of transit will bring in, then we won't need the federal government involved in future phases.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,551,209 times
Repurposed Omaha rail line would include light rail system, trail - Omaha.com

btw:

i am not holding my breath on omaha getting light-rail system

it is all hot air and broken promises when i hear about the light-rail system planned for omaha

btw, doubt it run on holidays or barely at all sundays if it did happen, u know like METRO bus does at the moment

Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
Let me put it this way. Take Benson Park TC for instance. It didn't used to exist eight years ago, and at that time, 72nd and Military was served by only two buses. For what ever reason, they decided to put in a transit hub, making it a meeting place for four buses. In this case, transit infastructure (the transit center) increased service and connectivity of the area by two times.

btw:

Benson Park Transit Center is being re-done again. same with North Omaha 's Transit Center

still, no word if we will bring back the 7-10 minute lay-overs going east on the 14 route, or the 5 route to North Omaha TC back at BPTC

Old 07-09-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
btw:

Benson Park Transit Center is being re-done again. same with North Omaha 's Transit Center

still, no word if we will bring back the 7-10 minute lay-overs going east on the 14 route, or the 5 route to North Omaha TC back at BPTC
Westroads TC is being improved as well.

Generally, I've noticed that the drivers are willing to arrive at a transit center a few minutes early, complete their 2 to 3 minute layover, and then to leave up to a minute or two late. That gives you an average layover of 7 minutes. But they wont be willing to arrive at their next transit center or end-point late. So personally, I feel it's okay for them to layover a little longer than what's scheduled.

As long as they don't arrive late to or leave early from a major transfer point, transit center or endpoint, then I'm fine with it. They do a pretty good job of keeping me happy.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:10 AM

573 posts, read 1,051,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I'm curious. Every time I visit our kids in Omaha (as I am now), I notice the public transit buses driving all over, but they never seem to have many people in them. Sometimes they're completely empty.

Is this typical?

Up here in The Cities, the public transit buses are often packed, and I can't think back to when the last time was that I saw one completely empty.

Am I missing something?
You say the cities as if everybody knows what your talking about. And not all the busses are packed all the time. Maybe during rush hour and even than not every bus is packed. The 515 is never packed no matter what time of day it is.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:55 AM

i was on the 18 bus this morning and it was pretty packed. at least 10-15 people were on it when I got on around 8 am this morning

http://ometro.com/bus-system/bus-routes/beltway-north

is info on route 18 btw

mind u this is a sunday morning we are talking about btw that a bus route was full.

the 4 and 14 are used a lot, as is the number 2 (of course) and the 3 and 30 routes during the week.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:57 AM

MPLS: too many stubborn people are too prideful to use the buses in omaha

also, our bus service isnt as good as lets say Dallas or Los Angeles or Kansas City

plus some parts of west omaha are off limits from bus service. same in sarpy county in general

Old 07-22-2013, 04:07 PM

I saw the 2 eastbound at Crossroads around 2:30 on wednesday and it was absolutely packed full. The bus routes that are the most used are routes 2, 15/55, 18, 30. the route that doesn't quite fit there is the 30, as it doesn't run 15 minutes during rush hour, or 45 minutes at night. I think the next thing that needs to happen is putting the 30 on 15 minute rush hour, and 45 minute night frequency to put it on par with the 2 and the 18. From personal observation, the 30 could definitely support that kind of service, and should have been long ago.

Another exciting update: Metro is about to put nine 2013 New Flyer Xcelsior buses into service.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Metro...type=1&theater

Old 07-22-2013, 06:28 PM

saw that at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Metro...63286333741853

still would prefer a bus route between oakview and westroads mall.

u have to go to Bergen mercy or downtown via the 18 to get on the 15 or 55.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha