Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 PM

6 posts, read 6,930 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Omaha in the late spring and need help finding a nice and safe apartment. I was told anything past 85th street was nice.I would like to go no further out than 120th Street. I am hoping to be near one of the interstates highways (680 or 80) and not too far from Dodge Street. I have looked on-line at a few then checked their ratings on apartmentratings.com and was a little freaked out reading the reviews. I am looking for a 2 bedroom with the rent ranging anywhere from $700-$900. The apartment complex doesn't need to be super fancy. Safety is a major concern and having the property run by decent management. If you know any apartment complexes I can check out please let me know. I hope I have given you enough information. Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:18 PM

92 posts, read 187,894 times
Check out Harrison Hills.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:03 AM

8 posts, read 28,323 times
My family has stayed at Oakwood Trail apartments since 2004, we are moving out at the end of March. It's a 2 bedroom apartment with w/d included, and a wood burning fireplace. The apartment is quite spacey for a 2 bed/2bath.

We have never had a problem with safety the entire time we've lived there. They are located at 117th and Fort. The management team is CIP, and they've been good to us. From the apt to interstate 680 is about 2 minutes.

We've been on month to month for about a year, so we paid the premium rental rate of $690, which really isn't bad.

If safety is your primary concern, I wouldn't think twice about it. We'd stay, but we have 2 kids, and they need their own room now.

Their number is 402/493-5400, the apt manager is Anne.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 PM

696 posts, read 1,727,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness12 View Post
I have looked on-line at a few then checked their ratings on apartmentratings.com and was a little freaked out reading the reviews.
Someone who had a bad experience is quick to jump on the internet and bash away.

Someone who is happy at the same apartment will rarely use their time to go online and brag about their great apartment.

Tis the internet way.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:06 PM

24 posts, read 50,032 times
We really enjoy Tranquility Pointe off Maple & 129th, up on the hill. We've had no problems here and enjoy the management on site. Only reason we are leaving, is because we are buying a house. The apts. here are huge with walk-in closets and we have locked buildings.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:30 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,561,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post
Someone who had a bad experience is quick to jump on the internet and bash away.

Someone who is happy at the same apartment will rarely use their time to go online and brag about their great apartment.

Tis the internet way.
That's true, but if all the reviews are saying the same thing, pay attention.

Anything managed by Lund Company should be avoided. They are horrible.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley55 View Post
Check out Harrison Hills.

Thanks for replying. These apartments are really nice!!!! Do you know if they have a 2 bedroom in the $700 - $900 range?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 PM

92 posts, read 187,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness12 View Post
Thanks for replying. These apartments are really nice!!!! Do you know if they have a 2 bedroom in the $700 - $900 range?
Oh sorry I misread, thought you were looking for a 1 bedroom in that range. I live here now, and am in the middle of that range for my 1 bdrm on the 3rd floor.

I think most 2 bdrm's are above 1000, but I do remember one (I believe its called the Laurel floor plan) that was around $970 I think for a 2 bed, 2 bath. If you go to www.Broadmoor.cc and check for Harrison Hills, they should have a "check availability" link where you can see exactly what apartments are for rent right now.

It really is insanely nice and worth the extra money if you can afford to go over your budget a little. I've never lived in a nicer place anywhere in the country (been in about 10 apartments the last 15 years). The walls are THICK. I've never heard a neighbor. The quality is unmatched from what I've seen in Omaha (other than Midtown Crossing, which is ridiculously expensive).

The clubhouse is really nice (if you want to host a big event, you could be proud to host it in the clubhouse, as opposed to what most apartments offer). The front office people are extremely professional and go out of their way to get to know you. PM me if you want any more info.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandradejr View Post
My family has stayed at Oakwood Trail apartments since 2004, we are moving out at the end of March. It's a 2 bedroom apartment with w/d included, and a wood burning fireplace. The apartment is quite spacey for a 2 bed/2bath.

We have never had a problem with safety the entire time we've lived there. They are located at 117th and Fort. The management team is CIP, and they've been good to us. From the apt to interstate 680 is about 2 minutes.

We've been on month to month for about a year, so we paid the premium rental rate of $690, which really isn't bad.

If safety is your primary concern, I wouldn't think twice about it. We'd stay, but we have 2 kids, and they need their own room now.

Their number is 402/493-5400, the apt manager is Anne.

Thanks aandradejr. I will give them a call. The pricing looks good. Are the apartments nice inside? Are the appliances up-to-date? Are there any other apartment complexes under CIP Management that you would recommend?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe_T3K View Post

Tis the internet way.

Thanks. I keep trying to tell myself that as I am apartment searching. Those reviews are pretty scary especially when I have to search on-line. I wish Omaha had apartment locators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha