Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 07:51 PM

739 posts, read 2,261,869 times

Advertisements

Has anyone got a ticket from one of the speed trap towns on 75, Calera, Colbert, Caney, Stringtown, etc? I got a 200.00 ticket in Calera because my car has HID lights. I got another ticket in Colbert because the driving lights are yellow and thats what came from the factory. Calera has impounded my car twice. They impounded my uncles motorcycle because the system they use to run tags was down and they couldnt run his tag.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:14 AM

79 posts, read 98,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Has anyone got a ticket from one of the speed trap towns on 75, Calera, Colbert, Caney, Stringtown, etc? I got a 200.00 ticket in Calera because my car has HID lights. I got another ticket in Colbert because the driving lights are yellow and thats what came from the factory. Calera has impounded my car twice. They impounded my uncles motorcycle because the system they use to run tags was down and they couldnt run his tag.
The worst offenders on US75 are 1-Stringtown 2-Atoka 3-Kiowa 4-Tuska
The State Attorney General should get involved in busting these Towns who use US75 for their primary source of revenue.
I now travel to DFW from Tulsa via I35 OKC to completely avoid this crap and it is the same amount of time but more miles. The I35 route is better for sure if you are going to DFW Airport or FT.Worth.
Most OHP Troopers will give you 5 over but NO MORE.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 AM

702 posts, read 2,516,840 times
I got a ticket around the Stringtown area several years ago via airplane! Last time I was on 75 down there the highway was horrible, I avoid traveling it just because of that.

Old 09-20-2009, 09:18 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,533,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
I got a ticket around the Stringtown area several years ago via airplane! Last time I was on 75 down there the highway was horrible, I avoid traveling it just because of that.
A friend of mine was driving my car with me in it and was stopped via airplane in that area too! Luckily, she was let off with a warning. I also have been stopped in Stringtown and also got off with a warning. I think they look more for high dollar vehicles and out of state plates. Granted too that was back in college. We didn't drive the greatest cars and they probably realized we were broke and felt sorry for us (lol)!

Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 20,467 times
Once got a ticket in McAlester and another one in Stringtown on the same trip coming back to Texas on HWY 69. It was like the scene in the movie "A Civil Action" with Travolta on the bridge. I think Fenderman pretty much nailed it with the list of offenders. Roland, OK used to be really bad about this thing too. I think they started getting some heat for it though and now they don't seem to be as bad. People should really bombard the AG's office on these towns. If i remember correctly, only a certain portion of city revenue can come from traffic stops. Problem is there is nothing else out there to get revenue any other way, except maybe a fruit stand.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:55 PM

76 posts, read 274,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
I had to google this. Amazing that they really waste the money for that.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 PM

72 posts, read 165,786 times
How to report a speed trap
Legislation approved in 2004 allows the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety to investigate communities that gain 50 percent or more of their operating revenue from writing tickets on state or federal highways within or on the outskirts of that town.

The state can legally prevent cities from enforcing traffic laws on the highways if they are viewed as abusing that right.

The DPS must have approval from the state attorney general before designating an area as "special traffic-related enforcement."

All complaints against alleged speed traps must be filed with the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety in writing.

Complaints should be mailed to the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety, P.O. Box 11415, Oklahoma City, Okla., 73136-0415.

Online complaints also can be filed at: www.dps.state.ok.us

Old 10-11-2009, 04:52 PM

70 posts, read 284,313 times
US-75 and US-69 need to be upgraded to full fledged Interstate highways and simply bypass those speed trap towns. Honestly, I-45 needs to be extended at least to Tulsa.

US-69 needs to be upgraded to an Interstate from the intersection with the Indian Nation Turnpike clear up to Big Cabin, OK where it intersects I-44. There is an unreal amount of heavy truck traffic on US-69. Much of the semi truck traffic coming from the direction of Dallas-Fort Worth headed to destinations like St. Louis, Chicago and further will take US-69. Same goes for the opposite direction. Look at aerial views on Google Earth or Bing Maps if you don't believe me. LOTS of trucks. More than a 4-lane road with at-grade intersections has to handle that stuff.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:13 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,978,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby H View Post
There is an unreal amount of heavy truck traffic on US-69.
In Pryor, before they began producing the Propel water there and began shipping (proposed) 500 truck loads a day, traffic counted 14,000 trucks a day went through there on 69.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:46 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,139,353 times
Question Question????

Ok, I have to say this, only because I use to work with local PD as a Bike Patrol Officer.

If you would do the SPEED LIMIT then you wouldn't need to worry about a speed trap, would you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma