Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 07:43 PM

708 posts, read 688,814 times

Advertisements

no problem Ogre!! thats what im here for!

Colleeng! were in Nichols Hills..im not sure how far it is but were both in OKC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,791,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
no problem Ogre!! thats what im here for!

Colleeng! were in Nichols Hills..im not sure how far it is but were both in OKC!
Mustang is west of OKC, a little south of Yukon.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:20 AM

oh umm.haha..i'll my grandma later when she comes home from work how far were from Mustang

Old 03-18-2008, 05:45 PM

142 posts, read 346,255 times
Default warmer climate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Southeastern OK? I wouldn't worry too much about tornadoes there.....you get a few snakes, but not too bad....I would be more concerned about Bigfoot throwing rocks at you than snakes or tornadoes........

Thanks for replying. I plan on coming out to OK this summer to check things out. We'll see if the first snake I see makes me fly right back home. Any suggestions on a nice place to stay in the southeast? Any suggestions on where to stay?

I live in a small town in the Sebago Lakes region of Maine but so many people from Mass,Jersey etc have moved here that I can no longer get on my horse after work and ride. The lands have been posted no trespassing,gates,cables,boulders. Maine the way life used to be! If I had plenty of acreage I would let people enjoy it.My daughter I have to load the horses in a trailer to get to some of the places we used to ride to. Looking for a small town friendly community to spend the rest of my life in. It's to cold here,tired of being cold.
Kris

Old 03-18-2008, 06:22 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,921,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Okie_Girl View Post
OMG ITS COLLEENG FIRST ALMOST TORNADO!!! IM SO PROUD!! SHES ALL GROWN UP!!!!!!!

HEYA COLLEENG!! i havent talked to ya in awhile

anyways back to the topic...watch the tv.. Gary England is quite and amusing! haha when you hear the siren dont go rush into your basement cause 50% its not coming towards you but to be sure turn on the tv and listen to your raido!! some helpful tips during a tornado by Britney!
Good info. Except isn't it more like 99 percent it's not coming toward you? I've never been to Oklahoma (yet), so I'm not used to being around tornadoes with that frequency, but I've lived in a couple of places that got them from time to time. It always seemed they erred on the side of caution when issuing warnings, by including all areas even remotely in the broad vicinity of the tornado. It's always good to be careful, tune into the weather for precise info on what's happening, but there's no need to panic about tornadoes. Judging by my past experiences, it seems that even when a warning is issued, chances are it's nowhere near you.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:50 PM

very true ogre!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:35 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk590 View Post
Thanks for replying. I plan on coming out to OK this summer to check things out. We'll see if the first snake I see makes me fly right back home. Any suggestions on a nice place to stay in the southeast? Any suggestions on where to stay?

I live in a small town in the Sebago Lakes region of Maine but so many people from Mass,Jersey etc have moved here that I can no longer get on my horse after work and ride. The lands have been posted no trespassing,gates,cables,boulders. Maine the way life used to be! If I had plenty of acreage I would let people enjoy it.My daughter I have to load the horses in a trailer to get to some of the places we used to ride to. Looking for a small town friendly community to spend the rest of my life in. It's to cold here,tired of being cold.
Kris
You should check out the Honobia area. Maybe when you come to visit Oklahoma you could stay at one of the horse camps that have little cabins. Here is a link that lists a lot of horse places. It would be great to buy a place where you had access to these lands, mostly public lands but some are lumber land.

Trail Riding

I was actually out riding once we saw a small funnel cloud heading toward us. I don't like to run my horse downhill, but I did that day.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:55 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times
Oh, that's nice Peg, feed the unsuspecting tourists to the hungry bigfoot family.

The 'Siege' at Honobia

Old 03-19-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Oh, that's nice Peg, feed the unsuspecting tourists to the hungry bigfoot family.

The 'Siege' at Honobia
HUH! REALLY?!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:36 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,623,236 times
Bigfoots are all vegetarians. They do not eat meat or tourists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma