Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 12:25 PM

1,813 posts, read 2,244,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I think I've decided to take the interstate the entire way. Google Maps says it adds about 30 minutes to the trip, but traffic in small towns, stop lights, and not being able to pass slow drivers on smaller highways could easily add 30 minutes to the trip.
They aren't smaller highways, it's 4 lanes all the way, it's just not limited access most of the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 07:16 AM

664 posts, read 2,103,417 times
The construction on I-35 (multiple spots) added almost an hour to my drive there and back. It wasn't so much the construction area itself that cause the issue it was that people wait until the last damn minute to try and merge into one lane.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:29 AM

3,768 posts, read 5,902,481 times
We drove that way several years ago, I found it very lovely drive and nicely un- Interstate.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:00 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,767,255 times
I actually drove both ways.

Going down there I took I-35 the entire way. Coming back I took 69 to 44.

I much preferred the 69 to 44 route. The stop lights were somewhat annoying, as were the speed limit changes, but it's about 65 miles less, and I was getting much better fuel economy. God is that drive through Oklahoma boring though.

I left DFW area at 10am and arrived back home shortly before 8pm. It took right under 10 hours (Google claimed 8.5hr), but that was stopping for gas, bathroom, and food about every 2-3 hours.

Didn't see any cops out in Stingtown, or really at all in Oklahoma.

Honestly, the worst part of the trip was having to drive down tiny two lane roads here in Missouri. The joys of living in the boonies.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:29 PM

37 posts, read 58,635 times
I drove Will Rogers from Missouri to Tulsa coming from Missouri back to Texas on Memorial Day and caught 75 and went south and about 55 miles south going through 1 big town Okmulge and smaller towns and some suburb traffic lights which was mostly green I caught Indian Nation Turnpike right at I 40 interchange and that was only 2 dollars going 50 miles and then join 69 south of Mcalister then go through 3-4 small towns and one big town Atoka its freeway once you cross Texas well before the metroplex albeit if it's rush hour which is almost 24 hours in Texas you will hit traffic right before McKinney all the way to Dallas but 35 is a pain from right before Denton to Dallas or Fort Worth as well. But thankfully for me it was the middle of the night so I go from Tulsa to Lewisville in 4 hours 3 1/2 to McKinney, TX.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:37 PM

37 posts, read 58,635 times
I drove Will Rogers from Missouri to Tulsa coming from Missouri back to Texas on Memorial Day and caught 75 and went south and about 55 miles south going through 1 big town Okmulge and smaller towns and some suburb traffic lights which was mostly green I caught Indian Nation Turnpike right at I 40 interchange and that was only 2 dollars going 50 miles and then join 69 south of Mcalister then go through 3-4 small towns and one big town Atoka its freeway once you cross Texas well before the metroplex albeit if it's rush hour which is almost 24 hours in Texas you will hit traffic right before McKinney all the way to Dallas but 35 is a pain from right before Denton to Dallas or Fort Worth as well. But thankfully for me it was the middle of the night so I go from Tulsa to Lewisville in 4 hours 3 1/2 to McKinney, TX. I guess Springfield about 3 hours from Tulsa but I was closer to Saint Louis so by the time I sightseed a cave had some good Barbeque at Missouri Hick in Cuba from Cuba to Lewisville was 10 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma