Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 10:25 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Well...
Technically...
You were originally an Okie...
But you've been a Texan for a LONG time...
And you may or may not be a "Joisy" depending on where you end up...
(What the heck is a good derogatory term for a Pennsylvanian?)

See?
I said he was good people!
He even lies just to be nice.

The food is authentic....
The food is good...
The IT is good...
The axxe setup is good...
The invitation is there...
It's on YOU now Bro...

Ditto!
so you have been an okie since April and previously from Texas? I have been an Okie since September and will be for 3 1/2 more years then moving to Ingleside area in Texas

Old 05-31-2008, 02:09 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
I,ve been in OK. for 11 months now. Next Month (June 13th) will be my 1st anniversary.http://bestsmileys.com/eek/4.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/anxious/1.gif (broken link)

Old 05-31-2008, 04:39 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Chickrae, I think that CG was from out east. At least that's where he came to Ok from. He has pics posted of his trip on here somewhere. What made you decide on moving to Ingleside? If I remember correctly, you have children down in Tx??? What made Ingleside stand out for you?

MK, congrats on being a full fledged Okie now. It just doesn't seem like it's a year ago that you moved there, but time flies.

We just got back from a short trip to eastern Wisc. It was kind of chilly and damp and it rained our entire way out there. The border of Mn/Wisc. is really nice and it seems like a mix between eastern OK and the Black Hills. We stopped and took a few pics. The Mississippi runs through there so that's probably what adds to the beauty. I really didn't know the hills/mountains were that tall in that area.

Wisc. is nice and we should've driven up to the Dells, but time was a factor for us. We wanted to get back home cause our kitty is sick. He's better now~just needed Mommy and Daddy. We also want to catch the candidates cause they're covering our state now. I already know where my vote is going, but it's just the excitement of it all.

Hope everyone has been doing fine. At least the storms were north of you guys this time. Guess it was a bit yucky here Thurs. night, too. Anyway, just wanted to say HELLO.

Old 05-31-2008, 04:45 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Hi Jammie.
Welcome Back!

Old 05-31-2008, 05:12 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,138,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
I dunno...
18 years in TX pretty much qualifies you for the moniker of "Texan"....
The only thing that makes you appear less than Texan is that you don't
care much for Stevie Ray Vaughn...
(I think you can be lynched for that in TX)...

Here's a little test....
Do you remember the Alamo?

Except, I'm pretty sure a good Amish man would NOT be on a computer...
They're too smart for that....
(Not being facetious either.)
Isn't the Alamo a car rental Place?

Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Isn't the Alamo a car rental Place?
Ha Ha. I just went and saw the Alamo and the River Walk on our way back from Corpus Christi. Great place to visit if you have never been there.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:20 PM

Welcome back Jammie,
Wisconsin is a place my mother and grandmother and grandfather were from (Madison) My mom has missed that place. She said it was very pretty and she said I liked it when we visited there, but that was a long, long time ago and I was 5 so I don't remember.

As to why we are thinking of moving to Ingleside.... My son currently is in Houston but his job is taking him to Victoria and Ingleside isn't too far from there. We were looking to move in 3 years when my husband retires because he wants to be close to a beach. Homes anywhere else by a beach are too expensive, so we thought we could be by a beach there and by my son and his wife. They have a home in Houston but want to keep it and then rent out something by Victoria, so if we buy one they might rent ours till we get there. I sold a house in Utah before I moved here, so want to invest in another house that we can live in when he retires. Then we will sell our house here in Tulsa area. Anyways I am sure you didn't need all the details, but that's why we went down to Corpus Christi area over Memorial weekend. Some of the homes we looked at were in Ingleside and we liked that area better then Corpus a few minutes away. Of course we found a couple we like and now the real estate agent is pressuring us, and we aren't in that big of a hurry since it's a buyers market there. She called me today and said all the houses you like will be gone. Well if they are, they are others.

I would rather be an Okie then a Texan though...his kids are all here and mine are all in Utah and one in Texas.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:35 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
MK and Chickrae, thanks for the welcome home.

We liked Ok, too but are thinking that IF we actually ever get to relocate, we may as well be totally away from snowstorms and ice storms. Ok has nothing of winter like we have, but it still exists to a small extent there.

I looked at Ingleside on a map and was wondering if the area is so grown out that it's actually a suburb of CC. OR are you driving in the country to get there? Galveston seems nice, BUT I understand it's actually part of the Houston area. There are places in Houston that I'd love to see, but with a brazillion people there, I'm sure we wouldn't be comfortable. I like tropical and DH likes regular trees and non-tropical. What a good match we are!

He could've actually semi-retired in March already, but for the moment he'll continue for his same employer.

Did you get to check out any of the smaller towns in the CC area? I was wondering what West Columbia is like. Just as a reference~I'm sure you're familiar with the Grove area~that's the type of area that we'd be looking for. But since I'm younger then DH and will have to work for life, full time employment is also an issue for us.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:57 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,138,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Ha Ha. I just went and saw the Alamo and the River Walk on our way back from Corpus Christi. Great place to visit if you have never been there.
Yep, Been there, done that.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
MK and Chickrae, thanks for the welcome home.

We liked Ok, too but are thinking that IF we actually ever get to relocate, we may as well be totally away from snowstorms and ice storms. Ok has nothing of winter like we have, but it still exists to a small extent there.

I looked at Ingleside on a map and was wondering if the area is so grown out that it's actually a suburb of CC. OR are you driving in the country to get there? Galveston seems nice, BUT I understand it's actually part of the Houston area. There are places in Houston that I'd love to see, but with a brazillion people there, I'm sure we wouldn't be comfortable. I like tropical and DH likes regular trees and non-tropical. What a good match we are!

He could've actually semi-retired in March already, but for the moment he'll continue for his same employer.

Did you get to check out any of the smaller towns in the CC area? I was wondering what West Columbia is like. Just as a reference~I'm sure you're familiar with the Grove area~that's the type of area that we'd be looking for. But since I'm younger then DH and will have to work for life, full time employment is also an issue for us.

I am not famaliar with West Columbia...or Grove area...or were you asking someone else? Are those in Texas?

I think Ingleside is a suburb of Corpus as it's not that far away. We were staying in Aransas Pass and then drove to Ingleside to the real estate office and it was really close. I actually liked Aransas Pass as it was close to the ferry that you drove your car on and take over to the Port Aransas Island.

I am wondering if I am going to be able to take the heat in Ingleside. Here is was May and I was dying with the humidity It was 86 degrees but the heat index was 105 on this one particular day. I can't even imagine what August will be like.
Of course I haven't been through a summer in Oklahoma either. It's too hot for me now in May.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma