Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2008, 05:13 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,338,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
This isn't the best picture,,,,it's to only one I could find right at this time.
I was surprised when they said he was retired because he wasn't full grown.
But they said that he was hit by a car.

..........................SARGEANT
http://www.bodellak9.com/images/athos.jpg (broken link)
Very good looking dog. At least he ended up with a good home - back when the internet was new, I used to cruise dog rescue sites, and I found a GSD in a pound in Arkansas. He'd washed out of K-9 training because he was too friendly! A person would think that after paying that much money for a prospective K-9, they would have at least tried to find him a decent home instead of dumping him at a pound!

Old 03-14-2008, 05:24 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,338,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Very cool. That is a beautiful shepherd. That is my favorite breed. I like them old german shepherds. They are so calm and gentle. And very protective.
I can't say they are my favorites, the only serious bite I ever got was from a GSD. On the other hand, if someone offered me one, I certainly wouldn't turn it down. But my favorites are the lab types, and any of the giant breeds. What I generally end up with, though, are other people's discards, and whatever dog's time is up at the shelter. I knew someone once who made regular visits to the local shelter in Anchorage and would take the most 'unadoptable' dogs, train and socialize them, and find them good homes. I thought that was really cool and thought about doing it myself, but I couldn't bear the thought of giving up one of my babies after putting all that effort into them.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:30 PM

432 posts, read 670,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
This isn't the best picture,,,,it's to only one I could find right at this time.
I was surprised when they said he was retired because he wasn't full grown.
But they said that he was hit by a car.

..........................SARGEANT
http://www.bodellak9.com/images/athos.jpg (broken link)
Handsome dog.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:30 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,461,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
hey MK, my mom just sent me a message saying the Fire is getting ready to hop over Elk and that they were leaving the house... what's going on? i'm scared and i dont know how to find anything out....
I don't know. She said the fire was out by your Grandfathers place. That's were they may be going. The smoke is heavy here. But haven;t heard any alerts on the TV or radio
It must be just aways out Chestnut. That's the street between your folks and me, and Elk crosses it.
Maybe I'll drive out there and see.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:55 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,838,603 times
We're home... tired, but everything is good for now. Fire got close and had us all scrambling for a bit but the wind shifted right after they said we should evacuate. (We had a way out the backside through a pasture)

Fire crews are still knocking down the last of it...

Yes, I have pictures. I'll try to get some up soon. Better go call JRR

Old 03-14-2008, 08:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,461,628 times
Welcome back: Iv'e been runnin' round all day with the radio on in my truck and didn't hear any alerts.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 PM

432 posts, read 670,452 times
Glad to see that everyone's ok!

Old 03-14-2008, 08:22 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,800,560 times
Well, that got my heart beatin' fast. I'm glad everything is okay and everyone is all right. Scary stuff, fires.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:23 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,164,542 times
Unhappy Don't scare us like that!

Bjb123 and I bother dropped our jaws when we read this thread. We're real glad all is well with the two or you. I'm sure that J double R is as well.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:45 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,838,603 times
I should have explained that we were out at my Dad's place. We took off to get there before they shut off the roads because HIS property was ahead of the fire. Gotta give a HUGE Thanks to the Duncan FD, Empire volunteer FD, Oak Ridge volunteer FD and Marlow FD!!! They all turned out to help and it still burned close to a mile before they got it knocked down.

They're still out there mopping up, but everything should be OK as long as the winds don't kick up again... they have just started letting the evacuated people back in.

Pics and maps sometime tomorrow... I'm tired and I smell like a BBQ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma