Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 12:39 PM

7 posts, read 27,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltielady1022 View Post
I know that this thread was started a little while ago.. but can anyone help me in figuring out what the best neighborhoods in or around Lawton would be to live in? We have two small kids, so schools and family friendly neighborhoods are important to us! Will be moving in a few months. If you can tell me some good areas (price does not matter, just collecting information) or can direct me to a certain resource, like a great real estate agent, I would sincerely appreciate it!
Thanks in advance!
I'm not a Lawton native, I moved here from Hobart about 10 years ago but I think I have a feel for the better neighborhoods. I'd say in the city proper, the neighborhood along Meadow Brook Drive from about NW 52nd street to NW 40th is a nice older neighborhood with lots of large mature trees. Especially along the side streets of Heinzwood Circle and NW 46th. Personally if I wanted to purchase a home in the city of Lawton Heinzwood or NW 46th off Meadow Brook would be my first choice. Other neighborhoods would be the area's surrounding Comanche County Memorial Hospital on the North and West. NW 36th and NW 35th north to Ferris and NW Ridgeview Way to Ferris.

There are also some pretty nice neighborhoods north of Cache Road between 38th on the west and east to about 31st street and north to Denver or so. But once you get east of 27th especially on Denver the neighborhood get's pretty run down. On the west side of town you have Grayson Mountain Estates which is....well, sorta like Lawton's version of Gaylardia....most of the more expensive and exclusive homes are in that area which are in the 350k to 700k range. Further west in Cache school district is the Pecan Valley area which are very nice homes for the most part many of which sit on at least an acre.

There are several new additions south of Lee Blvd and west of 38th street as well. Although if I were you and had school age children I wouldn't want them going to any of the high schools in Lawton. I'd rather be west of Lawton in the Cache school district or NE of Lawton in the Elgin, Fletcher or Sterling school districts. All of those areas NE of Lawton have seen a huge building boom, especially Elgin and there are many many nice homes in those communities.

Now, this certainly isn't any sort of definitive list of the nicest places in Lawton, there are many nice neighborhoods in town with many of them on the east side of town. I've just listed a few off the top of my head and tried to give you some idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 01:47 AM

674 posts, read 1,538,944 times
How is the area out by the airport? When I lived in Lawton, that was where a lot of the low income housing was.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 PM

14 posts, read 29,674 times
This thread's a bit dated, I know....

Anyone know why Lawton is so racially diverse? It can't be only Fort Sill related, I imagine? Even driving around town, I notice quite a bit of diversity in the drivers.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Its all Ft Sill......from the relocation of the Comanche and Apache to today's diversity in the military. without Ft Sill Lawton would be a small ranching community town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma