Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:11 PM

664 posts, read 2,093,121 times

Advertisements

The WBC (Westboro Baptist Church) is planning to protest/pickett at Moore HS on March 2nd right after they protest at the capitol. If you are not familiar with the WBC google them and also read up on Wikipedia. They are based out of Topeka, Kansas and protest/pickett fallen soldiers funerals. I however was not aware they were "attacking" highschool students as well. I am glad a group of motor cycle riders have stepped up to form a group to defend the soldiers families against these idiots at the soldier's funerals. Just wanted to let everyone know...
These protest are listed on the groups (WBC) website which I can't post here because of the name, but do a search and you will find it. What a disgrace to mankind, America, and religion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 06:16 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
I've heard about these folks and I am behind you prerunner!

Old 02-24-2009, 06:37 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
I remember this lot from when I went to school in KS. They even use their 5 year old grandkids to hold signs depicting hate, etc.

The family is brainwashed beyond comprehension. I believe there was a youtube video of the daughter being interviewed and it was unreal to watch her hatred.
YouTube - daughter of Fred Phelps

Back in the late 80's, ol' Fred Phelps used to picket in Topeka every weekend at the KS capitol. And the weirdest part was he would wear those tight fitting biker pants, you know like Lance Armstrong wears?

So whenever we saw them I would roll down my window and holler, "Hey Fred, lookin' sexy in those shorts, babeee! Shake it and show us what you got!"

He would look at me and his face would turn beet red and start in on some exorcist-like spew of hatred. It was great!

Old 02-24-2009, 06:50 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,508,755 times
I came across this thread by accident. WBC protested at Central High School in Omaha last year (for
God knows what reason) and it was pretty funny. Picture thousands of teenagers pouring out of school at the end of the day, only to behold the freak show in front of them. I don't think the Westboro folks were expecting the hail of bottles, cans and verbal insults they received from the kids. It was a glorious sight (hey, who's going to arrest a 15-year old?), and it renewed my faith in the younger generation.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 AM

664 posts, read 2,093,121 times
How do they pick what highschool they go to anyways? Why don't they protest an inner OKC school, or a school like John Marshall? I don't think they have the balls to do so.. They would have thier hands full and some may not make it back to Kansas.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:15 AM

28 posts, read 71,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner1982 View Post
How do they pick what highschool they go to anyways? Why don't they protest an inner OKC school, or a school like John Marshall? I don't think they have the balls to do so.. They would have thier hands full and some may not make it back to Kansas.
having reporters to capture the spectacle at Douglas, or Star Spencer would be VERY news worthy.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:23 PM

491 posts, read 1,475,313 times
It's embarassing that they call themselves Baptists

Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherDawn View Post
It's embarassing that they call themselves Baptists
I absolutely agree. They are not Baptist at all in the truly Evangelical sense of the term "Baptist".

Old 02-25-2009, 12:38 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahomaboy405 View Post
having reporters to capture the spectacle at Douglas, or Star Spencer would be VERY news worthy.
LOL, yeh I worked with youth from the John Marshall area and it would be hilarious to see WBC bring their hate-speech to this community and get run out of town.

But I agree, WBC is made up of a bunch of little cowards....they don't have the cajones to go to a place like Douglas, Star Spencer, or John Marshall.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,086 times
They aren't Baptists, and being born and raised in Kansas- they aren't Kansans either!! This is a horrible group of hate mongers. I don't know how they are allowed to spew their venom all over the country. They were on a campus in Louisiana while I was there, and the things they yelled at the students and their signs were horrendous. How do they afford to travel all over like this and just pick out some target?? Isn't there anything that can be done about it?
I hope those high school kids handle themselves as well as the students in Louisiana, but they shouldn't have to.
That's my rant for the night! Thanks for the forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City