Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:14 PM

13 posts, read 55,318 times

Advertisements

I wasn't getting any info on apartments in my other thread so I decided to start this one. Does anyone know anything about Highland Pointe Apartments? Are they in a good area? If not, can you recommend a better complex (need one that accepts pets)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 01:29 PM

22 posts, read 44,966 times
Highland Pointe Apartments are nice apartments. There are basically 3 apartment complexes in that area that have been built in the last few years. I cant remeber the name of one of the them but tht best two in that area are Highland Point and The Links at Mustang Creek. Highland Pointe is right off the interestate (you can see from the interestate) and The Links are about 1.5 miles south of Highland Pointe on the corner of S Mustang Road and SW 15th. If it was me I would choose the links as they are newer, have a little golf course and I dont look out my window and the see the interestate. They are both located in Oklahoma City limits, with a Yukon address, and Mustang School district. If you go farther south on S Mustang Road until you get to Hwy 152 (about 7 miles from interestate) there is a very nice apartment complex in Mustang called Pebble Creek. Here is a link to the links at mustang creek:the links at mustang creek apartment community in yukon, ok
and here is a link to pebble creek:MLP - Pebble Creek Apartments

Old 02-10-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merryfim View Post
Highland Pointe Apartments are nice apartments. There are basically 3 apartment complexes in that area that have been built in the last few years. I cant remeber the name of one of the them but tht best two in that area are Highland Point and The Links at Mustang Creek. Highland Pointe is right off the interestate (you can see from the interestate) and The Links are about 1.5 miles south of Highland Pointe on the corner of S Mustang Road and SW 15th. If it was me I would choose the links as they are newer, have a little golf course and I dont look out my window and the see the interestate. They are both located in Oklahoma City limits, with a Yukon address, and Mustang School district. If you go farther south on S Mustang Road until you get to Hwy 152 (about 7 miles from interestate) there is a very nice apartment complex in Mustang called Pebble Creek. Here is a link to the links at mustang creek:the links at mustang creek apartment community in yukon, ok
and here is a link to pebble creek:MLP - Pebble Creek Apartments
Thanks for the response! We did look at the links, but unfortunately they do not accept pets But we will have to take a look at Pebble Creek as well. Thanks again!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:59 PM

120 posts, read 425,073 times
one way you can overcome the pet issue would be to find a rent house. If you go deeper into Yukon, you can find some apartment complexes that allow pets. Whitehorse, and some others, although they're a bit older yet I would think the rent would be congruent to their age.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:24 PM

330 posts, read 970,371 times
Does anyone know of friends or family they have that stay at either Highland Pointe or Pebble Creek? Just wondering because they look nice and I was considering those two places.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM

22 posts, read 44,966 times
I have friend who stayed at Pebble Creek. They are in the middle of Mustang which is a quiet and safe town. Highland Point is close to a major interestate. With Pebble creek your down the road from a super walmart and the have a coffee shop ,dry clearners, and a few sit down restaurants. Not to mention your basically across the street from the police department so its pretty safe. You are about 7 miles away from the interestate

Old 02-22-2008, 09:42 PM

330 posts, read 970,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryfim View Post
I have friend who stayed at Pebble Creek. They are in the middle of Mustang which is a quiet and safe town. Highland Point is close to a major interestate. With Pebble creek your down the road from a super walmart and the have a coffee shop ,dry clearners, and a few sit down restaurants. Not to mention your basically across the street from the police department so its pretty safe. You are about 7 miles away from the interestate
Thanks for the info on that.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 AM

32 posts, read 99,496 times
I just discovered this website. I live in the Highland Pointe Apartments. I would highly suggest using apartmentratings.com to make a decision. I don't know anything about the other apartments, but I wouldn't recommend this one due to a lack of structural integrity. You can actually rent a house here in Yukon for the same price of a apartment. Wish I had figured that out over a year and a half ago when we moved here.
I saw that you are moving from CA? We are trying to get back to CA for many reasons. One is the weather. After living in CA your whole life, you don't much like like freezing cold wind. hehe
Good luck to ya!!

Old 03-03-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensid View Post
I just discovered this website. I live in the Highland Pointe Apartments. I would highly suggest using apartmentratings.com to make a decision. I don't know anything about the other apartments, but I wouldn't recommend this one due to a lack of structural integrity. You can actually rent a house here in Yukon for the same price of a apartment. Wish I had figured that out over a year and a half ago when we moved here.
I saw that you are moving from CA? We are trying to get back to CA for many reasons. One is the weather. After living in CA your whole life, you don't much like like freezing cold wind. hehe
Good luck to ya!!
As far as the structural integrity, are you talking noise level or utility costs? We tried to find rental houses in Yukon but only found one.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:21 PM

32 posts, read 99,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPribyl View Post
As far as the structural integrity, are you talking noise level or utility costs? We tried to find rental houses in Yukon but only found one.
I'm mostly talking about poor insulation and water leakage. Worse than a high utility bill, is your heater running for 3 days straight because it can't keep up with the cold air getting in. Also, many people have had problems with water leaking in through the walls. The original contractors did a poor job on the entire property. The original owners sold this place to another company (Maxus) only a couple of years after it was built.....go figure. I know that is probably more than you wanted to know, but I hope it helps.
Where are you looking for rental homes? If you are doing it through the internet, that may be the problem. The place I have seen the most listings has been in the Oklahoman newspaper. If you not living here yet, it may be difficult for you to find something via the net. Maybe you could rent something temporarily until you can find a house (do a short lease). That is what I wished we did. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City