Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: City in Ohio with the best Downtown
Cleveland 16 53.33%
Colombus 2 6.67%
Cincinnati 7 23.33%
Akron 1 3.33%
Toledo 1 3.33%
Youngstown 2 6.67%
Dayton 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:18 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,540 times

Advertisements

i want to see the video from last nights gig.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 09:49 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
i want to see the video from last nights gig.
Last night was Jazz! lol ... why is this so hard to believe?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times
^That's good that you're able to draw those kind of crowds every night. I have enjoyed fountain square, but I was only there during the day.

Here's a picture of Cleveland during lunch hour during the summertime..no event whatsoever taken by the New York Times:

The article was written on the development of E. 4th st in Cleveland:

The New York Times > Log In

Old 09-01-2009, 08:25 PM

^ Yeah, I have a good photo of E. 4th St. that I took ... I was thinking about posting it.

Fountain Square's renovation makes the space so large now that it can accommodate huge lunch crowds, the fountain, a band, and a market at the same time. They've even started doing cooking shows using the jumbo tron for close-ups.

They're working on a permanent market now running through the entrance way that connects the square and 6th St., you know what I'm talking about?

Here's FS on Movie Night:

Obama Speach:

And during the winter, ice skating (7,140 sq. ft. rink):

Last edited by Cincy-Rise; 09-01-2009 at 08:50 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,540 times
nice pics guys.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:56 AM

560 posts, read 2,076,336 times
I'll vote for Cincinnati as well. If you haven't been downtown since the Fountain Square renovation, then you haven't really been to downtown Cincy.

I'm also a big fan of Columbus - although I'll admit that for the purposes of this poll about "vibrancy" Columbus is probably dead last right now. However, I think Columbus's downtown is a lot more clean and orderly than other Ohio cities, and I really love its potential. If Columbus can ever leverage its growing economy into a couple dozen more downtown residential projects, plus a streetcar on High Street, I think they will have an amazing downtown.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:07 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,862,399 times
Honestly, they all have good downtowns, for their own reasons. I voted Dayton myself because I'm biased and I love my hometown, but also the fact that it is so dense and urban for a city of its size.

Still, all 3 C's and the lower 4 still deserve much recognition. After all, they all are FAR superior to Phoenix!!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 PM

19 posts, read 133,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
^ Yeah, I have a good photo of E. 4th St. that I took ... I was thinking about posting it.

Fountain Square's renovation makes the space so large now that it can accommodate huge lunch crowds, the fountain, a band, and a market at the same time. They've even started doing cooking shows using the jumbo tron for close-ups.

They're working on a permanent market now running through the entrance way that connects the square and 6th St., you know what I'm talking about?

Here's FS on Movie Night:

Obama Speach:

And during the winter, ice skating (7,140 sq. ft. rink):

This is the thing the large crowd of people on East 4th are there for lunch....but in cincy the large crowd is there for movie night (event), Obamas speech (Major event), and Ice skating a Winter event...not saying cincy has a dead downtown but in Cleveland people come downtown for the restaurants,clubs and about 10,000 of them live there so I will have to give Cleveland the vote on this one with Cincy second. Also large crowds are on Public Square day and night.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,631,303 times
Well at least we all realize we all have good downtowns. Each city is different, therefore having a different downtown. I am currently in Cleveland, and there is a lot of awesome projects happening in the city. I just had dinner with some friends from work on East 4th Street.

Cincinnati also has a dense and vibrant downtown with some awesome projects.

Ohio has some great downtowns. Don't make this a city vs city thread. We need to appreciate the awesome cities we have.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-TownGeneral View Post
This is the thing the large crowd of people on East 4th are there for lunch....but in cincy the large crowd is there for movie night (event), Obamas speech (Major event), and Ice skating a Winter event...not saying cincy has a dead downtown but in Cleveland people come downtown for the restaurants,clubs and about 10,000 of them live there so I will have to give Cleveland the vote on this one with Cincy second. Also large crowds are on Public Square day and night.
If you're going to post a pic of something and then be dishonest about it, at least go through a picture hosting site.

When you open the picture through a new window, it is hosted by a "Support Your Troops" website, because that is of a "Support Your Troops" Rally in Cleveland.

C-Town, there is no need for a VS. thread, you can promote Cleveland here without trying to knock someone else's city... I promise! The events that you made for Fountain Square were redundant, why? Because I said that these were events and labeled the picture as such, i.e. Obama ... the ice skating rink is something that happens everyday in late fall and winter, not like a Troops Rally or Obama speech. The square also has a decent crowd during lunch, dinner, evenings, and weekends ... Why? Because it's surrounded by restaurants, clubs, bars, and condos/apartments. I'm sure Cleveland has large crowds Downtown on weeknights as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio