Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 04:15 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,178,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Well, shame on them for taking such a risk, but at least there was minimal loss of life. I suspect the herd mentality just took over, and they followed the leader, not realizing the leader didn't know what he was doing.
Good one, I loved that last part . Humans can be sheep sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 05:55 PM

316 posts, read 1,008,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Well, shame on them for taking such a risk, but at least there was minimal loss of life. I suspect the herd mentality just took over, and they followed the leader, not realizing the leader didn't know what he was doing.
The man that died was not on the ice floe. He died of a heart attack in another area on the ice.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:32 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,077,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeisnotmyname View Post
The man that died was not on the ice floe. He died of a heart attack in another area on the ice.
Thanks for the clarification. I've read conflicting accounts.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:42 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,475,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Good one, I loved that last part . Humans can be sheep sometimes.
Oh no, there is no way I'm going out on that ice....not a follower here.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:41 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,392,191 times
I think that the reason for ice fishing is to get away from the wife and get drunk,(it worked for me)why not just tell the wife you were out on the ice and cast your line at the local pub.......I used to go ice fishing daily and never caught one fish.......I bought a couple from fellow ice fisherman who would stop in the bar to brag about their catch.....as usual I may be wrong here.....but I caught not one cold while ice fishing !!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:29 AM

668 posts, read 2,192,575 times
I dont know why this is such a big news story? Every year, for as long as I can remember, there are always fishermen being rescued on Lake Erie as the ice breaks and they are stranded on the floes...

So, people, this is nothing new! Its going to happen from here to the end of time, or, until Lake Erie stops freezing over, take your pick! As long as there is ice fishing available, men, women and kids of all ages will take thier chance and we will have to foot the bill, for thier rescue.

Its only because we have the major news networks, covering this subject now, that such a ruckus has resulted...But, this will die down soon enough, and it will be old news and eventually, they will stop reporting on it, and the fishing will continue on unabated.

May the LORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio