Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 04:31 PM

5 posts, read 9,529 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on the 3 orthodontists that I have listed below?

I need an orthodontist to finish a job that another orthodontist was incapable of doing. I am 39 years old and I was told that my braces were going to be taken off after two years, however, 4 years have passed and I have had enough with the orthodontist that I was going to. My left side teeth are now higher then my right, the bottom front teeth were slanted upward and slightly still crooked, (the crookedness is why I had the braces put on 4 years ago), and my bite is now completely off. Also, the top and bottom front line of my teeth is off which is the way that it was 4 years ago. I continuosly told them about the above listed items and I mentioned that my brackets probably needed to me repositioned, however, they denied that until 2 1/2 years later. Even though I spent 2 1/2 years telling the orthodontist about these facts, him and his associates continued to deny seeing any of it until October 2008. They also took my braces off in April 2008 on the bottom teeth. Before they took the braces off, I asked them if they were sure that it was time because they still hadn't fixed the things that I had been mentioning. The orthodontist kept insisting that I was ready to have the braces removed, however, after my braces were off, I pointed out the same things to the orthodontist that I had been telling him. The orthodontist told me to call my dentist to get bonding so that my teeth would appear to look better and that he had a lunch date so he had to leave. They told me that I should take one week to think about whether or not I really wanted my braces put back on and then told me that I said that I was ready for the braces to come off! I told the orthodontist that he is the one who told me that my braces were ready to come off, he went to school to be an orthodontist, and, once again, I pointed out the things that they STILL needed to correct. All but one of the things were created by them. I payed over $3,000.00 for braces so that my teeth would look nice, I was not trying to carry around a metal fashion statement for 4 years. Also, one of the assistants works with her hair down and doesn't seem to grasp that is not sanitary. Her hair is very long and hangs IN MY MOUTH as she is putting in my wires. This is a nightmare of an orthodontic office. Complete idiots and I wish that I never went to them 4 years ago. When this orthodontist was told that I wanted my records to go to interview other orthodontists, he said that if I have any questions, that I should call him. (Why? He NEVER listened to me about the mess that they were creating until 2 1/2 years later. I don't know what they were looking at during each one of my appointments but they definitely showed themselves to be ignorant and incompetent. Him and his associates just kept taking the wire out and putting it back in but they weren't fixing anything. They are clueless.) I now want to go to another orthodontist so that they could properly finish the job.

I am wondering about three orthodontists: Dr Gen in Mayfield, Ohio; Dr. Howard Kossoff in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, with a 2nd office in Mentor; Dr. Kenneth Lawrence in Mentor, Ohio.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: