Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 11:40 AM

1,071 posts, read 4,459,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb69 View Post
I also lived in Dayton for a year. Its like a really small Columbus and I love it.
It really is. columbus meets cincinnati at 75 & 70 imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 PM

34 posts, read 141,923 times
The Capital City of Columbus! Northside

Old 12-13-2008, 09:11 AM

8,827 posts, read 15,353,727 times
...from the small town of New Springfield, Mahoning County.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:21 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,523,254 times
Born and raised on a small farm (4 acres) a couple of miles outside of Ridgeville Corners. In the first 5 years after we were married we lived in and around Napoleon, St. Marys, Celina and Bryan. Have lived in Montpelier now since '77. I know...there are people around that believe this whole town is a dump and there is nothing good to do, but we kind of like it. Raised our two boys here and they turned out OK. Just the other day one of the mail carriers dropped off a piece of mail to my wife at work. It was addressed to us at the last place we lived and rather than send it back as undeliverable (We sold that place almost 10 years ago.) he dropped it off after he finished his route because he thought it looked like it might be something important. I don't believe you will get that everywhere and it can give you the "warm fuzzies".

The boys both live near Cincinnati and have been after us to move closer to them. We haven't said NOPE and we haven't said SURE. We will see what happens when the time comes.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:43 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,724,551 times
Default Wilmington, county seat of Clinton County

I don't know as I'd call it a city. It's been "12,000 and growing" for the last 40 years. Still, it offers the mix of town, farm, small college, and (probably still there) country club living that is getting awfully rare in a lot of places.

It has shopping downtown and at the strip mall, lakes and parks nearby galore, a great climate for growing your own vegetables and fruit trees, and the best fourth of July fireworks and county fair of anywhere I've lived.

I suppose that if you are touchy about being from somewhere else, the native nosiness might bug you, but if you can develop a sense of humor about it, well, who cares?

If you want a wild time, you are plenty close enough to Cincy, Dayton, or Columbus to have a wild time several times a year or even more often if you don't mind the drive.

Frankly after all these years in colorful Colorado the only thing I would not like is the mosquitos.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,779,908 times
I grew up in Waterville, outside of Toledo. Waterville was considered to be a village back then, and was a quaint, safe, and comfortable place to live. Everyone knew everyone else and children could ride bikes and play all day without ever being in any danger.

It was a real treat to go into Toldeo back in the 60's and 70's....shopping at Lion Store, LaSalle's, and Tiedtke's, then somewhere for lunch. I loved the Woolworth's store as a child and marvelled at being able to eat lunch at a counter in the same building where you shopped! Going into the "big city" was exciting just because of all the people and tall buildings and we only did it once or twice a month. LOL

Old 12-18-2008, 10:25 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,186,390 times
I wasn't born there, but I spent over 14 years in Toledo. I'm 18 now. You can see where most of my life was spent.

I miss Toledo.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:52 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,463,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I wasn't born there, but I spent over 14 years in Toledo. I'm 18 now. You can see where most of my life was spent.

I miss Toledo.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you miss about Toledo? I miss my family that's there, the water, and the plentiful supply of fresh fish. Other than that, I don't miss Toledo at all.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:28 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,974,957 times
I was born in Perry Township too. Went to Perry Elementary and Junior High, as it was known at that time. I lived on Greeley Chapel Road, although the street numbering is different now I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I grew up in Perry township--the suburb between Canton and Massillon. But, when asked, I consider Massillon my hometown. Mom didn't like Canton, so we never went there when I was a kid. Now that I'm grown up and living in Youngstown, I see this same attitude from the local suburbanites. But now, from the other side, and it seems pretty silly.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:09 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,114,078 times
Mentor-on-the-Lake. And, yes, that is the real name of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio