Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 02:44 PM

25,731 posts, read 12,808,029 times

Advertisements

If you care about global warming, its not too late to stop the Ethane Cracker plants along the Ohio River. In this article, there's a link where you can email in your opinions:

http://www.theintelligencer.net/news...elmont-county/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 09:34 AM

I guess nobody cares about global warming in Ohio and what those Ethane Crackers will do to the Oho River and environment there. Sad.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:05 PM

56 posts, read 63,800 times
Well i'm very happy with one part of Ohio, I love the low gas prices. I don't care about environmental this environmental that, if the gas price low my wallet's gonna hurt and I don't want that. One of my favorite thing about Ohio is that you don't have to waste your money on the 4 dollar per gallon gas you pay in California.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:06 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I guess nobody cares about global warming in Ohio and what those Ethane Crackers will do to the Oho River and environment there. Sad.
I’ll be honest...the area along the River is the Trumpiest part of the state, and WV is no better. They had the opportunity these last two national elections to vote along environmental lines after their drinking water was poisoned a few years ago, and instead went the opposite direction because “jobs” (which never occurred).
It is sad, but voting and holding elected officials accountable is the best thing we can do for the environment and slowing climate change, and the majority of Ohio voters have shown time and again they don’t give a damn.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I’ll be honest...the area along the River is the Trumpiest part of the state, and WV is no better. They had the opportunity these last two national elections to vote along environmental lines after their drinking water was poisoned a few years ago, and instead went the opposite direction because “jobs” (which never occurred).
It is sad, but voting and holding elected officials accountable is the best thing we can do for the environment and slowing climate change, and the majority of Ohio voters have shown time and again they don’t give a damn.
That's sad. The company's building and owning the Ethane Crackers are not even American company's. One is from South Korea, and I think the other one is fro Europe. So, they cone over to the US, pollute the crap out of our Country, ten send the profits back home.

I'm for significantly limiting foreign investment like this in our Country, and I'm a Libertarian, so government involvement in stuff is not the way I roll, but when its investors from other country's, I've got to step in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio