Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 AM

4 posts, read 11,583 times

Advertisements

Hi

My husband and I live in RI (Rhode Island) and are looking to re-locate to Ohio. I've been looking at real estate in Ohio for the past 2 weeks now. I found this home in Millersburg, Ohio and we just had to take a trip out there to look at it. We have an 11 hr drive and I know there was just a snow storm that just passed thru the north east. How are the roads up there right now?

We are driving from RI thru Mass to UpState NY into Cleveland then down to Akron. Mostly I-90 to I-71.
We are leaving tonight and staying for 2 days.

How is this area of Ohio? I understand it's close to Amish Country.

Here is a link to the home we are going to look at.
Single Family Home - 6030 Sr 754, MILLERSBURG, OH, 44654 - Realtor.com=

Just so you know, you would NEVER find a home like this in RI. If ya did it would go for at least $500,000 or more. Why so cheap in Ohio???

Thanks

Jenni and Kev
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 03:07 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,498,898 times
Here's a link with more pictures: (I could only see one at the link you provided.)
Millersburg Real Estate - 6030 SR 754, Millersburg, OH 44654 home for sale - Cutler Real Estate

The roads are probably fine. It's been sunny here almost all day, and so the roads are almost dry. (although I'm a few counties away)

I would also say that this house might not just be near Amish country, but IN Amish country. When my dad lived in Millersburg he regularly gave an Amish co-worker a ride to work.

Millersburg is a charming place, but I think it's pretty far from many modern conveniences. That, and the age of the house might contribute to its lower price. But, generally, home prices are just lower in Ohio.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:06 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,207,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperGal77 View Post
Hi

My husband and I live in RI (Rhode Island) and are looking to re-locate to Ohio. I've been looking at real estate in Ohio for the past 2 weeks now. I found this home in Millersburg, Ohio and we just had to take a trip out there to look at it. We have an 11 hr drive and I know there was just a snow storm that just passed thru the north east. How are the roads up there right now?

We are driving from RI thru Mass to UpState NY into Cleveland then down to Akron. Mostly I-90 to I-71.

Just so you know, you would NEVER find a home like this in RI. If ya did it would go for at least $500,000 or more. Why so cheap in Ohio???

Thanks

Jenni and Kev
I echo what the poster above says. Millersburg is indeed Amish country, it's not close to it. For someone like me who has a business that depends on being close to modern conveniences, who has a large family, several kids who commute to college (Akron U), in Akron, OH, etc., it is too much removed for our needs. It depends on what you are looking for and what stage of life you're in.

Millersburg, Ohio (OH) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders - Detailed info from City Data

Welcome to the Village (broken link) - "County seat of Holmes County in the heart of the largest population of Amish in the United States."

Amish Country | Ohio | Visitor Information - All about Millersburg

Old 02-27-2008, 01:47 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,148,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniperGal77 View Post
Hi

Thanks

Jenni and Kev
You should stop in Charm, they have the best food in the little town.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:49 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,773 times
Since you really aren't that far from reality, I would definitely scoop up that house if I were you. It is BEAUTIFUL and a STEAL of a price! What it has to offer is worth having to drive 45 mins into Canton

Heck, if I was looking to buy, I would take that house! It is near where I have been looking for house/apartments to rent

Old 02-27-2008, 02:56 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,906,552 times
Millersburg has a great little downtown.

Historic Downtown Millersburg - Hometown Life Happening Here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio