Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:41 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,183,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Look out for scandals like they had in PA where judges were sending first-timer kids off for long sentences and taking kickbacks from the owners of the privately run detention center....
Yeah that was in that Michael Moore movie. This was in Luzern County, which was not some backwoods county but a fairly well developed area, Wilkes-Barre and suburbs, which was a suprise when I founded out where that was. Watching the movie I thought it was in some backwoods area were you see a lot of local good-old-boy type of corruption.

Of course Ohioans are simon-pure and would neve be that corrput. Har har.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,282,275 times
I support most of Kasich's agenda, but his all-out war on teachers, firefighters, and police officers is misguided and harmful to the state.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:30 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,483 times
But you support kasich's selling the future booze profits for 25 cents on the dollar to his Wall Street pals so he can paper over his budget problems today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
I support most of Kasich's agenda, but his all-out war on teachers, firefighters, and police officers is misguided and harmful to the state.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:38 PM

314 posts, read 640,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolaseposter View Post
I understand Kasich is extreme. But perhaps that is what this state is shifting towards? I don't think he is as bad and corrupt as everyone is saying he is. In my opinion, I think people are being a bit ridiculous. We need to come together, and this guy is doing that on a level that is making national headlines. Strickland did not place Ohio on as a "game-changer" state at all. You have to give credit to Kasich that he is bringing attention back to the state. He is screwing with the system, making people work back and forth. Its not so conservative anymore. Talking to several D and R respresentatives, they all are saying the General Assembly is moving faster and quicker than it has in decades. This is only going to push reform in several ways. I think that although Kasich might be totally off on his personal views of 3C, LGBT rights, and interstate development, he IS setting a field where Ohio's General Assembly doesn't have the sort of "going through the motions" attitude. People are actually having to stand up for what they believe in. That's good for our government. I wish people would find the silver lining in all of this and see that perhaps in the next decade because of Kasich's ideas of no bullcrap government (whether he actually believes it or not) that he is really setting the base of what can be a very efficient and classically liberal government that actually does work for Ohians, not just Columbus and the big whig companies AND their unions that have continued to abuse our state. I think everyone can agree with that. And thats what its about....forgetting democrat and republican, and start acting like Ohioans. I encourage everyone to check out the forum "Let's Imagine a Thriving Ohio" so you can gloat about good things that are happening in YOUR city.

He's bringing bad attention to the state. Read any post I've made on this subject, you'll see why. Sweetheart deals for wall street, hurting teachers and cops, this guy is beyond horrible. And all but 1/3 of the state agrees with me on that.

Ohioans Having Incredible Buyers Remorse Over Gov. Kasich | TPMDC

Ohio *isnt* suddenly becoming more extreme, it's the same old Ohio it always has been. He just kept all of these plans under wraps until after the election because he KNEW Ohio wasn't nearly extreme enough to support his radical agenda. The approval numbers prove it.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,183,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
Unfortunately, the war on labor IS his agenda. In his sick, twisted little pea-sized brain, cheap labor (both public and private) will allow tax giveaways to corporations and provide inexpensive drones to do their bidding. That, my friends, IS his plan for this state. I say good luck to retaining any talent with that mindset.

As I've said and will continue to say, arrogance and stupidity is a dangerous combination. Unfortunately, these are the two main driving forces behind Mr. Kasich.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:04 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,183,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolaseposter View Post
I understand Kasich is extreme. But perhaps that is what this state is shifting towards? I don't think he is as bad and corrupt as everyone is saying he is. In my opinion, I think people are being a bit ridiculous. We need to come together, and this guy is doing that on a level that is making national headlines. Strickland did not place Ohio on as a "game-changer" state at all. You have to give credit to Kasich that he is bringing attention back to the state. He is screwing with the system, making people work back and forth. Its not so conservative anymore. Talking to several D and R respresentatives, they all are saying the General Assembly is moving faster and quicker than it has in decades. This is only going to push reform in several ways. I think that although Kasich might be totally off on his personal views of 3C, LGBT rights, and interstate development, he IS setting a field where Ohio's General Assembly doesn't have the sort of "going through the motions" attitude. People are actually having to stand up for what they believe in. That's good for our government. I wish people would find the silver lining in all of this and see that perhaps in the next decade because of Kasich's ideas of no bullcrap government (whether he actually believes it or not) that he is really setting the base of what can be a very efficient and classically liberal government that actually does work for Ohians, not just Columbus and the big whig companies AND their unions that have continued to abuse our state. I think everyone can agree with that. And thats what its about....forgetting democrat and republican, and start acting like Ohioans. I encourage everyone to check out the forum "Let's Imagine a Thriving Ohio" so you can gloat about good things that are happening in YOUR city.
You are so far off base that it can't be corrected on any internet forum. You need life to slap you in the face a few times before you'll realize how ridiculous you sound. Given your mentality, there will be many occurrences of that.

Btw, good things are happening in my city. Mr. Kasich has nothing to do with any of it. The general consensus is that we'll have to continue to make progress in spite of the neanderthal. This was not the consensus when Strickland was in office.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,948,840 times
i'd cut him more slack if he was, oh i don't know, actually from Ohio. radical concept.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:49 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,207,483 times
your post is off topic, take it over to a obama bashing thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeeez View Post
Overall there seems to be a lot of whining about Kasich. The Dems can dish it out just fine but cant take it.

My Obama fact for the day is unemployment rate for blacks has gone up from 12.8% to 15.3% since Obama was inaugurated, how you like them apples ?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:33 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,091,016 times
Quote:
Overall there seems to be a lot of whining about Kasich. The Dems can dish it out just fine but cant take it.

My Obama fact for the day is unemployment rate for blacks has gone up from 12.8% to 15.3% since Obama was inaugurated, how you like them apples ?
You're probably one of those partisan hacks who don't like facts much, but didn't the Great Recession start in 2007-08 before Obama was elected? In fact, wasn't one of the reasons Obama won was because of overall dissatisfaction with the state of the economy? And didn't just about every group of people experience an increase in unemployment?

Old 03-25-2011, 06:03 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,948,840 times
Quote:
Wow a statistic that is easily explained by confounding variables. I, for one, am so impressed with your political prowess! Weeeez for president!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio