Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2006, 09:27 AM

2 posts, read 6,601 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My husband and I and my 2 kids aged 6 and 8 are moving to northern virginia. We have looked all around and like the 2 communited of Little Rocky Run in Clifton and Virginia Run in Centreville. We haven't been able to find the right house in either one. We have found a house we love in Fairfax however but can't seem to find information on the community which Hampton Forest. If anyone can give me any information on this community (ie schools, family oriented etc...) I would REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT, as we have to make a final decision by the end of this week. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2006, 09:51 PM

2 posts, read 7,216 times
Hi! I'm not sure how much help I will be because I've never actually heard of Hampton Forest, but I do know the Fairfax area well. I live in Oakton/Vienna which is North of Fairfax and east of Centreville. I'm guessing that area would be the Fairfax high school area, which is a good school. Honestly all of the schools in Fairfax are top notch, you really can't go wrong. I don't know much specifically about Fairfax high school in particular, just that it's one of the biggest in the area and it's one of the more diverse in the area also. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, if you have any questions about Vienna or Oakton I'd be glad to answer!

~Eve

Old 07-25-2006, 10:01 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,392,665 times
I have to concur with Eve in that you really can't go wrong with schools in Western Fairfax County so I wouldn't worry about that. I too had never heard of Hampton Forest but just did a quick google search and if mapquest is correct, the community is actually right by Braddock Park. It might be a Fairfax postal code, but I'd consider that area to be Centreville. While not familiar with that particular neighborhood, the area is fine. If you liked Little Rocky Run and Virginia Run in Clifton, you'll like this area as well. It's largely similar in characteristics. I don't know about elementary schools (I would assume based on the mapquest map that your children would attend Willow Springs) but I THINK this area lies within Centreville High School's boundaries which is a terrific school.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:07 AM

2 posts, read 6,601 times
Smile Relo to NOVA

Hello,
THe schools would be Willow Springs, Lanier and Fairfax HS. If you know anything about them it would be appreciated also if you can direct to a webidste that possibly has information on the community maybe? I know Hampton Chase is connected w/Hampton Forest as well. Any further info would be great ...l Thank you for your input as every little bit does help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia