Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 AM

20 posts, read 76,521 times

Advertisements

I recently discovered that the F-S metro station can also be accessed from the south side. There's a pedestrian bridge over the tracks, and on the far side there's the VRE platform and a gravel road leading back into a neighborhood. Now, I know this is no surprise to those of you who are locals. But I live in Maryland, and I'm looking to move to Virginia, so for me this is a big deal. I want to move to a neighborhood that's within walking distance of a metro station (hence my interest in the MetroWest development in Vienna). Up til now I've ignored the F-S station in my search because there didn't seem to be convenient housing within an easy walk, but the existence of this "back door" opens up some interesting possibilities. Does anybody know anything about the neighborhoods back there? Are there affordable town homes (under 400K)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,377,607 times
Yes, there are many townhomes in those neighborhoods under 400k. Some under 300k even.

The cheaper ones probably need updating (I think they were all built in the 70's), but it's a safe neighborhood and even at the furthest end, I don't think you'd be more than a 20 minute walk from the Metro.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:27 AM

845 posts, read 2,326,631 times
Look in the Loisdale Rd. area; 22150. You could get an SFH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia