Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:13 PM

2 posts, read 15,870 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell,which is the best DMV to take road test in Northern Virgina .
Among Chantilly,Gallows road and Sterling

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 04:15 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,939,936 times
Hello, welcome to city-data. I think you'll get more responses by posting this in the Northern Virginia forum. https://www.city-data.com/forum/northern-virginia/

Old 10-23-2009, 09:23 AM

3,315 posts, read 10,088,493 times
I cannot comment on the road test at the DMV in Sterling. But they were very efficient with the written test and other services. Over 10 years ago, there were many, many complaints from the Sterling DMV until one of the Councilman (incognito) went there and saw how it bad it was. It got re-organized after that. Good luck on your driving test!

Old 10-23-2009, 04:30 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,671,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Styx View Post
I cannot comment on the road test at the DMV in Sterling. But they were very efficient with the written test and other services. Over 10 years ago, there were many, many complaints from the Sterling DMV until one of the Councilman (incognito) went there and saw how it bad it was. It got re-organized after that. Good luck on your driving test!

Are you sure it was a Councilman? DMV is a State agency and from my experience, if you want to shake up a State agency, you need some drag with a State legislator...either a State Senator or a member of the House of Delegates. These folks call the Governor's office and they call the Agency head (who are his appointees)...that gets action.

A local pol, incognito or not, has no direct influence on a State agency. Although I suppose he/she may have had a buddy in the State House...

To the OP: There's not a lot of difference between DMV offices....They are all busy as hell on certain days....the worst being Saturdays and the last day of the month. Their website has helpful hints on the best times to go.

Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

PS: Personally, I go to the Westfield Branch and have no complaints.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:08 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Personally I had very unpleasant experiences with rude staff at the Sterling Park DMV and had a GREAT experience at the DMV at the Fair Oaks Mall---such a good experience that I actually typed up a nice e-mail complimenting the gentleman who waited on me. South Jersey Styx, you're lucky! I was at the Sterling DMV twice, and both times it was not a good experience.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 PM

515 posts, read 1,691,947 times
There should be data on the DMV website that tells you the typical waiting period at each facility.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:47 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,950,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Oldtimer View Post
There should be data on the DMV website that tells you the typical waiting period at each facility.
There is such a site, and it's very accurate. Powered by Google Docs

I've had great experiences at Tyson's DMV on Gallows road. I've never waited more than 12 minutes and the staff has been very nice. I've checked the website before going and their wait times have been very accurate.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 10,447 times
I have given road test at sterling and found DMV Rep very strict. and he has failed me. is any one who
have good experience at other branch and where is it ?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 AM

271 posts, read 446,549 times
If it is possible, take a ride out to the Warrenton DMV. They are surprisingly helpful and from my perspective watching people take the road test seems really easy.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:25 AM

267 posts, read 511,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
Personally I had very unpleasant experiences with rude staff at the Sterling Park DMV and had a GREAT experience at the DMV at the Fair Oaks Mall---such a good experience that I actually typed up a nice e-mail complimenting the gentleman who waited on me. South Jersey Styx, you're lucky! I was at the Sterling DMV twice, and both times it was not a good experience.
+1

In my experience the Fair Oaks mall location is the fastest and most efficient branch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia