Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 02:02 PM

11 posts, read 58,472 times

Advertisements

Hi--I'm looking for a full time preschool for my son starting in Fall 2010. Right now he is in an in home daycare which has been great but I'd like to get him into a bigger class setting. He can't start kindergarten until Fall 2011 since he has a December birthday. I live in Annandale near Fairfax INOVA hospital but work in Bethesda, so something ideally along that route. I know of a few places but I'd like to hear your suggestions. I'm also willing to consider Vienna/Falls Church/Tysons/Annandale if it's not too far out of the way. I've read some of the older posts but are there more suggestions for this location? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 06:03 PM

1,534 posts, read 3,723,564 times
No personal experience, but several friends rave about the preschool at Annandale United Methodist Church on Columbia Pike near Gallows Rd.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,485 times
It is called Annandale Children's Learning Center. Number is 703-256-4770. My son has been going there since he was 2 and he is now almost 5. My daughter worked there as a teacher during college. As far as preschools go, I would recommend this one but they have recently undergone a change in management and their longtime director left. Since that time, my son has had suddenly had some behavioral problems and we have been called to pick him up early. I am not sure if these things are related but I do believe that the new management lacks the experience that was there before. All in all though, we have been very happy with the school and their rates are very reasonable and have not gone up in the entire time. Email me at [email]courtnado@verizon.net[/email] if you want any more info.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:04 PM

22 posts, read 139,826 times
Exclamation NOT Westminster

Just don't look on the other side of Columbia Pike at Westminster's new preschool. Many families have been leaving Westminster's K-8 school, so they are opening the preschool as a "feeder" to try to boost enrollment in the elementary school. The administration of Westminster is completely unprofessional and unqualified and it's hard to imagine the preschool will be run in a better manner.

On the other hand, I have heard very good things from neighbors about the Annandale United Methodist Church preschool. However, I don't know anything about the recent change in management.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia