Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:20 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,961,020 times

Advertisements

The rain isn't heavy, but we've cancelled our plans for the evening.

We were going to go hear AVI at Park View High School tonight but then decided we didn't feel driving on the wet roads. Why did we cancel our plans? Well, we weren't all that excited about AVI in the first place. And, it hasn't rained for awhile, which means too many other drivers will have forgotten how to deal with wet pavement.

Anyway, it made me wonder.... how about the rest of you guys?

Did you change your plans for tonight because of the rain? And what are you planning to do while it's raining Saturday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
And what are you planning to do while it's raining Saturday?
We were going to to kayaking, but since it's raining I think we'll end up going to the pub at the end of the street and hang out there, watching whatever game's on tv. Or, we might play bridge with the people next door. Might even have a barbecue--who care's if it's raining, our weber grill still makes the best steaks in town. We even use it when it's snowing.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:31 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,810,346 times
Sadly, didn't have to cancel plans (other than working) - I apparently broke my foot but worked through it and now am paying for that. Other plans are: waiting for the contractor that is WAY overdue on the job we hired for, if you want to know a company to NOT deal with, let me know. Anybody want someone on crutches (w/the other half) over for dinner (he does NOT cook ;() - or for drinks, card/board games? LOL Can you tell I'm bored out of my mind being told to stay off feet?

Old 09-25-2008, 05:36 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
The rain isn't heavy, but we've cancelled our plans for the evening.

We were going to go hear AVI at Park View High School tonight but then decided we didn't feel driving on the wet roads. Why did we cancel our plans? Well, we weren't all that excited about AVI in the first place. And, it hasn't rained for awhile, which means too many other drivers will have forgotten how to deal with wet pavement.

Anyway, it made me wonder.... how about the rest of you guys?

Did you change your plans for tonight because of the rain? And what are you planning to do while it's raining Saturday?
Nothing planned. Just working tomorrow and Sat morning.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Can you tell I'm bored out of my mind being told to stay off feet?
LOL, boy you have my sympathy. When I have to stay off my feet for a few hours I like sorting through my digital photos, cropping them, and choosing a few to send to friends or (even better) posting them on CD.

It'd be great to have some shots of Alexandria. Last year when I had to stay off my feet for a week I posted a whole page of shots around Cascades and people really seemed to appreciate it. There's nothing like seeing photos when you're thinking about moving somewhere.

Or... if you have a lot of random songs on your computer database, make a CD to listen to in your car. That usually entertains me for a few hours. Or find a photo of that contractor you hate and do a Photo-Shop job on him!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:28 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,810,346 times
You need to come back Normie - I like to read but I'm someone who probably is hyper (well, no probably about it, lol) - I'm am getting to my last straw about this contractor...I am however thinking of revenge on the person (woman) that kept calling starting at 3:30 AM this morning... trying to think of some revenge, hahahaha.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:29 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,680,965 times
Well, I'm miffed at the rain!

I have a field trip tomorrow night....a varsity football game. And my bus was chosen to transport the cheerleaders. I lucked out....those girls smell WAY better than the players after the game and they track little or no mud onto the bus.

But, I bet it gets rained out.....the JV games tonight did.

We bus drivers fight over the Varsity football trips....they are GREAT fun....I'd do 'em for free!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:58 PM

24 posts, read 86,856 times
Went to Oktoberfest compliments of the German Air Force. Rain did not stop anything. Ears are still ringing from the 2000 people and loud German bands. Quite the event!! I ended up being the designated driver so hubby good gobble up as much of his favorite beverage as he could.

I wanted to go see Kathy Griffin at Constitution Hall tomorrow night but it's been sold out for quite some time. Boooo.....

As a consolation, we will be on Holiday starting Sunday. We're going to a sunny place where we can see shows every night and count to 21 as much as possible baby!!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:42 AM

449 posts, read 1,394,755 times
My wife and I were planning on driving up to Lovettsville for their October fest event tomorrow. Not sure we will go if the weather deteriorates.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:22 AM

Well, looks like we're having a debate after all tonight... so tonight I'm staying home, and I'm popping up a big bowl of popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia