Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 04:21 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,397,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
You won't be able to find a single-family in Ashburn for that price. Especially in new construction, if $500,000 is your limit then you'll have to shoot for townhouses or condos.

If you absolutely need a single-family home then your best bet is to get a realtor, and look at either Sterling or Leesburg. You will be able to find resale homes there that will fit your price range. I saw a 5 BR/3.5 BA home right off Rte. 15 with a view of Westpark Golf Club's 15th hole for $565,000. In today's market, you could bargain that down to your range.
Actually, there's quite a few single family homes where I live in Ashburn Village going for the mid to upper 400s.

As for South Riding vs. Ashburn, I would lean towards Ashburn for the same reasons others have listen, notably commuting purposes. South Riding just isn't really served that well by local roadways and there is no sign of improvement in the future (Loudoun County is notorious for dragging their feet into development, or taking one step by building thousands of homes, but then not wanting to do anything else to accomodate the growth).

I've posted quite a bit on Ashburn in terms of what the community's like. If you use the search function at the top of the page, you can see some of these older posts where I give a general overview of the situation here in Ashburn in terms of traffic, shopping, schools, culture, cost of living and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 01:10 PM

9 posts, read 58,761 times
Ashburn has better access via 28 but traffic gets stacked up in peak hours. If your budget is 500k then I suggest looking around SR. Aldie has lot of sf homes in that budget. This is the time to negotiate get the deal. Come Jan, builders will hesitate to give good deals. Do some research and you will find your dream house within your budget.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 PM

145 posts, read 834,947 times
Default Foreclosures

Most of the South Riding homes under $500K -- or "half a million dollars" as I like to call it -- appear to be owned by banks/mortgage companies. In other words, foreclosures. You can punch in any Loudoun address into the website below to get the tax/sale records:
http://inter1.loudoun.gov/cgi-bin/db...s/re.d2w/INDEX
Knowing what the seller paid for his/her house can only help your bargaining power.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:35 PM

9 posts, read 58,761 times
I am talking abt brand new construction for SF home for abt 500k even. Drive around that area and you will find few, I can bet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia