Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 10:50 AM

5 posts, read 5,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjay75 View Post
Never went to the old one but the new one seems nice to me. LA Fitness is always busy, the restaurants always have a wait - if you like beer, check out Yard House - I loved it. I've been shopping at Target since before the new mall opened and have always felt just fine. Still some stores and restaurants that have yet to open but I see no reason why one would want to avoid the Springfield Town Center aside from the typical reasons to avoid a mall - too busy, doesn't have the store you want, etc. Also, I have not tried out the new movie theatre yet, but I have heard good things from friends. Apparently, every chair reclines and you pick your specific seat when you buy your ticket.
I agree with airjay75. The mall feels perfectly safe, but to be honest, it's a little pedestrian. There's a J Crew, Victoria's Secret and Aunti Annie's, but no Tiffany's or Prada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 11:34 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,681,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmhmmmomm View Post
I agree with airjay75. The mall feels perfectly safe, but to be honest, it's a little pedestrian. There's a J Crew, Victoria's Secret and Aunti Annie's, but no Tiffany's or Prada.
I've been there a few times since it opened and I agree that it feels perfectly safe. I didn't feel unsafe in it before though but I just though the shops were disgusting by the time it closed.

I really hope all the other stores open soon.

I also wished the Macy's there would get spruced up a bit. It just seems like a lower-end Macy's, more messy than usual, and kind of depressing.

On the other hand, the Forever 21 and H&M stores are fairly nice. My daughter is enjoying Top Shop.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:10 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,322,195 times
Can a shopping mall renovation revive a tired suburban community? - The Washington Post

The Post has a new article about the attempted revival of the Town Center

Old 06-27-2015, 09:19 PM

2,768 posts, read 3,535,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixmike11 View Post
Can a shopping mall renovation revive a tired suburban community? - The Washington Post

The Post has a new article about the attempted revival of the Town Center
It has been unbelievably successful.

I already want to shoot my face everytine I have to drive out to kingstowne for my family, but ever since this mall has opened, the traffic on loisedale dr and frontier dr has about doubled making going to
Kingstowne even worse than it already was.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:53 PM

8,827 posts, read 15,337,524 times
I didn't know there is a farmer's market there.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:31 PM

yes tgbwc= there is a farmers market every saturday from may thru october from 10AM to 2PM at the town center
Springfield Town Center | Event | Springfield Town Center Farmer's Market

Old 06-28-2015, 12:44 PM

8,827 posts, read 15,337,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixmike11 View Post
yes tgbwc= there is a farmers market every saturday from may thru october from 10AM to 2PM at the town center
Springfield Town Center | Event | Springfield Town Center Farmer's Market
How is it? Have you been? We usually go over to the one at the Burke VRE.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:49 PM

Why All the Old Malls Are Turning Into Town Centers | Washingtonian

good article about white flint and Springfield town center changing with the times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia