Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 07:39 PM

8 posts, read 10,054 times

Advertisements

One more info request:
1. any insider knowledge about these apartments?
2. Are there any walking/jogging trails nearby (that I can walk/jog to) :-)?

THANKS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 03:41 PM

304 posts, read 1,019,895 times
1. Yes, my wife and I lived there for 2 years (purchased and moved into our first home last month), lease officially expires next Monday!

Arbors was actually the only apartment I've ever lived in so I can't compare it to any others in NoVa or elsewhere but I was fairly satisfied for what we got for rent (started at around $1500 in May 2011, went up to around $1600 in May 2012). We had a one bedroom with a second smaller room (I've never seen the few but larger official 2 bedrooms they have) and it was ok in size initially for me, my wife and cat. The unit we had just got new appliances (dishwasher, fridge, stove, microwave) and in 2 years we never had a problem with them or any other appliance/utility. Last fall/winter they renovated the exteriors and while they look better our electric bill went up for the period so I'd say the insulation maybe wasn't all that great. The complex has a small little gym (2 treads, 1 ellip, 1 bike, weight machine) which is sometimes crowded after work for the first few weeks after New Year's but then people get lazy so access becomes much more likely.

2. As for trails, they have one that goes through the woods (arbors, haha) around the complex...maybe 1/3 of a mile? It is narrow and hilly though with residents sometimes walking their dogs. I've gotten into running the last year or two with some 5Ks and half-marathons and what I did was run a bunch of laps around the big lake next to the Fair Lakes/Fairfax County Parkway overpass...it's about 0.47 miles or so around and seemed pretty safe though I'm a guy. I think there is another trail near the apartment office that goes towards the other side of the parkways, near Monument Drive but haven't been on it since the overpass construction started.

Anyways, I have no regrets living there...Arbors staff treated us fine and no noisy neighbors. It was a good, safe location but still close to Fair Lakes shopping (well Dick's and PeiWei and Whole Foods, Target and WalMart are a bit far to walk) and the reasonable rent allowed my wife and I to save and get a townhouse. Good luck and if you need any more details, send me a PM.

-K

Old 06-20-2013, 04:00 PM

43 posts, read 116,852 times
Fair Lakes is full of paved paths. There is even a small battlefield park at the corner of west ox & monument you can run through. I really enjoyed the convenience of the area.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:19 PM

304 posts, read 1,019,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not2Picky View Post
Fair Lakes is full of paved paths. There is even a small battlefield park at the corner of west ox & monument you can run through. I really enjoyed the convenience of the area.
Right, I always forget about that one!

Oh and Fair Oaks Mall and Fairfax Corner are real close too, no shortage on convenient shopping centers. Just gotta keep my wife out of Kohl's and The Loft...

Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 PM

8 posts, read 10,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM_W&M06 View Post
1. Yes, my wife and I lived there for 2 years (purchased and moved into our first home last month), lease officially expires next Monday!

Arbors was actually the only apartment I've ever lived in so I can't compare it to any others in NoVa or elsewhere but I was fairly satisfied for what we got for rent (started at around $1500 in May 2011, went up to around $1600 in May 2012). We had a one bedroom with a second smaller room (I've never seen the few but larger official 2 bedrooms they have) and it was ok in size initially for me, my wife and cat. The unit we had just got new appliances (dishwasher, fridge, stove, microwave) and in 2 years we never had a problem with them or any other appliance/utility. Last fall/winter they renovated the exteriors and while they look better our electric bill went up for the period so I'd say the insulation maybe wasn't all that great. The complex has a small little gym (2 treads, 1 ellip, 1 bike, weight machine) which is sometimes crowded after work for the first few weeks after New Year's but then people get lazy so access becomes much more likely.

2. As for trails, they have one that goes through the woods (arbors, haha) around the complex...maybe 1/3 of a mile? It is narrow and hilly though with residents sometimes walking their dogs. I've gotten into running the last year or two with some 5Ks and half-marathons and what I did was run a bunch of laps around the big lake next to the Fair Lakes/Fairfax County Parkway overpass...it's about 0.47 miles or so around and seemed pretty safe though I'm a guy. I think there is another trail near the apartment office that goes towards the other side of the parkways, near Monument Drive but haven't been on it since the overpass construction started.

Anyways, I have no regrets living there...Arbors staff treated us fine and no noisy neighbors. It was a good, safe location but still close to Fair Lakes shopping (well Dick's and PeiWei and Whole Foods, Target and WalMart are a bit far to walk) and the reasonable rent allowed my wife and I to save and get a townhouse. Good luck and if you need any more details, send me a PM.

-K
Thank you very much! Your input is very helpful. Best of luck to you and your family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia