Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 PM

95 posts, read 215,771 times

Advertisements

Have moved from South FL for a contracting job in Manassas,yesterday.Though I like south Fl,there arent many jobs for me there

In hotel now but will be looking for place to move during the weekend

Asian immigrant in early 30s with 2 year old kid and one on the way.Wife still in South FL and will stay till better part of next year too

In the meantime,need to know more abt area..schools and better communities

will rent to start with but buying is on cards in a couple of years

Starting the discussion so that ppl can chip in on the areas to look for renting and the ball park prices of buying/renting

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 PM

9,787 posts, read 15,895,219 times
Biggest question is what is your budget? Unfortunately, to a great degree, that determines where you're going to live in Northern Virginia.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:40 AM

95 posts, read 215,771 times
1500-1700,I guess
anyways thats off for more than an year

I will be staying and flying back over the weekends to FL

Am looking at renting a basement in a townhome this weekend..anything I need to look for?

Pros and cons?Plz weigh in with your honest opinion

Rent will be 600 for basement and abt 8 miles to work

Old 08-09-2012, 02:03 AM

2,765 posts, read 8,363,570 times
Welcome to nova. And glad you got out of south Florida. That place sucks. Move your family up here and it will be a lot better for everyone, schools and less crime, and people have class. South florida is a real mess. You will like it here

Old 08-09-2012, 12:10 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,342,485 times
I can certainly name areas to avoid from a LE standpoint and there are a lot of them. it might be better if you start looking and write on here what you think you might like. But, if I were new here and need to find a place to live i would likely look in the Linton Hall Rd areas in places like Braemar or any number of developments out that way.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,342,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRE332 View Post
Welcome to nova. And glad you got out of south Florida. That place sucks. Move your family up here and it will be a lot better for everyone, schools and less crime, and people have class. South florida is a real mess. You will like it here
Why do you feel the need to be so critical of areas like this when it's obviously home for this person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia