Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,753 times

Advertisements

Ok, judging by comments on this forum and general observation, it seems there's both good and bad parts of Woodbridge.

Schools are not a concern.

We're looking for a 2bed or 3 bed unit to RENT.

Found some nice complexes within walking distance of Wegman's. This area seems TOTALLY DIFFERENT from much of Woodbridge....the Wegman's, Julio's, and lots of upscale development going on.

Would this be a decent place to live?

Money-wise....

2bed: $1,700 per month

3bed: $1,900 per month.

These are modern units, new appliances, walking distance of Wegman's complex.

Do the prices sound reasonable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:21 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,782,512 times
ouch!

Old 05-25-2012, 02:10 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,250,535 times
I can't tell what you're asking. Is the price reasonable or is it a safe area? As far as rent that seems high but I haven't rented since 1983 so I'm not sure. As far as safe this is a good area. No one can guarantee it is crime free as this is just not possible. But this is a new area and it has been a quiet one to date.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:08 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,402,207 times
Is this for an apartment or condo? if so I would say that's pretty expensive.

If it's a townhouse, it's not too bad but still a little high for Woodbridge. Judging by outside appearance, the area surrounding Wegmans looks like a decent neighborhood.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:33 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
The construction immediately surrounding Wegman's is new. Yes, it is most certainly considered part of Woodbridge. I think it's a fine place to live if you don't have to worry about the schools.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:50 AM

1,847 posts, read 3,729,836 times
Are those the TH's they are selling as "urban living" - translates to surrounded by concrete, front yard..not really, garages are in the back so no backyard either. Safe - sure. Easy access to the highway if that is important. These seem to be built for commuters. Can't say the Wegmans area is a happening spot, but is growing and will get better.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,992,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAQ19 View Post
Ok, judging by comments on this forum and general observation, it seems there's both good and bad parts of Woodbridge.

Schools are not a concern.

We're looking for a 2bed or 3 bed unit to RENT.

Found some nice complexes within walking distance of Wegman's. This area seems TOTALLY DIFFERENT from much of Woodbridge....the Wegman's, Julio's, and lots of upscale development going on.

Would this be a decent place to live?

Money-wise....

2bed: $1,700 per month

3bed: $1,900 per month.

These are modern units, new appliances, walking distance of Wegman's complex.

Do the prices sound reasonable?
For that price, I don't think it's worth it, but that's just my opinion. You could probably get a place much closer to the city with similar amenities, roughly around the same price with perhaps a slightly smaller space. But it really depends on what you want. Do you plan on working near Woodbridge? Do you need to go to DC a lot?

Old 05-25-2012, 06:45 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
It's one of the nicer areas of Woodbridge, but I wouldn't pay that much to live there. They're trying to make it a "Town Center" but so far it just seems like a run of the mill shopping center.

Not to mention, commuting north from that part of Woodbridge is suicide in the mornings.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:54 AM

979 posts, read 1,776,911 times
At that point, you're paying for the "walking distance" to Wegmans and such. As a point of reference, I'm renting out a 3-bedroom townhouse with finished basement in Lake Ridge (northern Woodbridge) for $1400/month. It's still just a 10-15 minute drive to Potomac Mills, Wegmans, etc., but is in a nice quiet neighborhood. It's up to you how much of a premium you're willing to pay for a certain lifestyle (or perceived lifestyle).

Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,402,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
At that point, you're paying for the "walking distance" to Wegmans and such. As a point of reference, I'm renting out a 3-bedroom townhouse with finished basement in Lake Ridge (northern Woodbridge) for $1400/month. It's still just a 10-15 minute drive to Potomac Mills, Wegmans, etc., but is in a nice quiet neighborhood. It's up to you how much of a premium you're willing to pay for a certain lifestyle (or perceived lifestyle).
I agree. Within walking distance to Wegman's (or any business in that town center) would not add value for me. Even if you live just on the other side of the town center, it still requires quite a hefty hike up the road leading into the town center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia