Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 08:33 AM

486 posts, read 1,666,687 times

Advertisements

I have pretty much narrowed it down to these two schools for before/after care (kindergarten enrichment) for my child. Each one in my opinion has its pros and cons. The new Chantilly II Goddard school hasn't opened the before/after school care yet so it's hard to tell academically what will be learned and presented. South Riding Winwood is an older building and playground which isn't as impressive as the Goddard facility, but has a structured program already in place.

I really want an academically challenging program for my child as opposed to an a more all-play type. I felt that Winwood offered the academic structure that I am looking for, but the classrooms were tiny and the VA Dept of Health and Human services inspections showed a couple of concerns too.

Can anyone talk about the Goddard program for Kindergarten before and after school care? What kinds of things did your child learn? How was the care overall? Did the teachers seem passionate and work with kids on their individual levels?

What about Winwood? Has anyone had any good or bad experiences here at the South Riding location? I ran into one parent there who just raved and raved about the care her girl had been receiving.

Any experiences and opinions are most welcomed... It's a hard choice since it does appear we have many good child care centers in the area.
THANK YOU!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 AM

Bump... any know anything about either Winwood in South Riding or Goddard Schools?
Putting this up again to see.... Thanks!

Old 03-16-2012, 10:11 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,968,316 times
I would not go to a Goddard School that's just me though. I know each location is owned separately but when I inquired about tuition at one the owner wanted to play let's make a deal. No thanks. He also didn't want me to tell anyone else about the deal.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:01 AM

Ok Riley09swb- thanks for the tuition negotiation comment. Does say something... Thank you for your reply... I'm guessing no one else on this board sends their kids to Goddard either since there are no other responses. ;-)

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia