Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2012, 03:18 AM

531 posts, read 1,429,505 times

Advertisements

I visited Willowsford in Ashburn and Aldie in the past week. It seems to be a very nice community. The community spans over 4000 acres and will have 2000 SFH built. 2000 acres in the community will be preserved as open space.

Van Metre and K Hovanian are building in the Grange section in Ashburn. Beazer is building in the Grove section in Aldie. I heard another builder has signed up to build in the Grant section (which has the largest lots) in Ashburn. The builder's name has not been released by the press. Does anyone here know who the new builder is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 AM

448 posts, read 871,132 times
I am not sure who will be moving into all of these new developments (and there are many). This worries me

Old 02-21-2012, 08:48 AM

The community won't complete until 10-12 years later. The economy is probably going to bounce back in the next decade.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,100,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewsmama View Post
The community won't complete until 10-12 years later. The economy is probably going to bounce back in the next decade.
Agreed. Also, I heard some news a few days ago that could indicate this area is about to have yet another big wave of people moving here in the next few years. Of course, this is just a conclusion, not a given, but I think it could be true.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:47 AM

448 posts, read 871,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Agreed. Also, I heard some news a few days ago that could indicate this area is about to have yet another big wave of people moving here in the next few years. Of course, this is just a conclusion, not a given, but I think it could be true.
Well, if that is true, on top of the possibility of the FBI moving to Loudoun, I may think of moving over to Western Loudoun in 5 years.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:21 PM

15 posts, read 37,269 times
New Aldie is not Western Loudoun. Anyone is welcome in western loudoun as long as they appreciate gravel roads, horses, cows, loose dogs and at least tolerate deer hunters. We work very hard out here to preserve our rural lifestyle.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by western loudoun View Post
New Aldie is not Western Loudoun. Anyone is welcome in western loudoun as long as they appreciate gravel roads, horses, cows, loose dogs and at least tolerate deer hunters. We work very hard out here to preserve our rural lifestyle.
A big part of Western Loudoun has been suburbanized. Subdivisions outside Purcellville and Leesburg (such as Beacon Hill) have paved roads and approximity to big box shoppings. I have yet to see a deer hunter. I hope they show up more so the deer population can be better controlled.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:18 AM

9,880 posts, read 14,142,348 times
Quote:
A big part of Western Loudoun has been suburbanized. Subdivisions outside Purcellville and Leesburg (such as Beacon Hill) have paved roads and approximity to big box shoppings. I have yet to see a deer hunter. I hope they show up more so the deer population can be better controlled.
Leesburg is, also, not Western Loudoun. Please look at a map and see how big this county is. Most people only know Ashburn, Leesburg, Sterling, etc. These are all in the eastern most region.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Leesburg is, also, not Western Loudoun. Please look at a map and see how big this county is. Most people only know Ashburn, Leesburg, Sterling, etc. These are all in the eastern most region.
The part of leesburg (west of route 15) is considered western loudoun. The majority of leesburg is not (east of Route 15). I live outside Purcellville. The other places I routinely go to (round hill, lovettsville) are not that rural either. Paved roads are all over the western part of loudoun now. There are also a lot of planned subdivisions. Sure there are farms with unpaved roads. And Western loudoun looks dramatically different than eastern loudoun due to the zoning restrictions. But compared to many other parts of Virginia, western loudoun strikes me as the exburb of a wealthy metro area. Middleburg and the old Aldie still look pretty rural. But I don't know how much true agriculture spirit is there. Many farms are owned by Wall Street and Silicon Valley retirees. Middleburg Eccentric is more interested in talking about fox hunting than deer hunting.

Last edited by newnewsmama; 02-22-2012 at 05:55 AM..

Old 02-22-2012, 06:43 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,100,432 times
Quote:
But I don't know how much true agriculture spirit is there. Many farms are owned by Wall Street and Silicon Valley retirees. Middleburg Eccentric is more interested in talking about fox hunting than deer hunting.
LOL very true. And don't forget how many Hollywood celebrities own horse property near Middleburg or an alpaca ranch with a token 7-8 alpacas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
View detailed profiles of: