Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,059 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a link to one or two threads about how long it takes to commute from ___ to ____ (Northern Virginia)?

If not, I'd like to propose creating a thread where we all pitch in and write down our commute times and general routes. I'm thinking every week I'll sit down to review what everyone posted and update my initial thread so it has all responses on one easy-to-find page. Depending on participation, I'll sort it appropriately. Just something like this (for example purposes only):

1a. Woodbridge (zip) to Alexandria (zip) MORNING: Old Bridge Road to 123-S to 95N to 395N to Exit 2A: Takes 45 minutes average day or 90 minutes on a bad day.
1b. Alexandria (zip) to Woodbridge (zip): EVENING: 395S to 95S to 123S to Old Bridge Road: 60 minutes majority of days

2a. Reston (zip) to Springfield (zip) MORNING: *General route here*: Takes 30 minutes on average day or 50 minutes on a bad day
2b. Springfield (zip) to Reston (zip) EVENING: *General route here* Takes 40 minutes on average day 60 minutes on a bad day

3a. etc....

If everyone posts their general route they take to get to work and how long it takes on an average day, I'll update my initial posting to include everybody's commuting time. I expect to update it once a week realistically.

So what does everyone think? Would this be beneficial for the new home buyers (myself) and new job seekers?

Last edited by novauser; 11-07-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia