Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 12:06 PM

531 posts, read 1,429,731 times

Advertisements

I toured a few daycare centers in Leesburg: Winwood (the one on Wild Flowers Terrace), Goddard (inside the Tavistock Farms community), Kiddie Academy (the new one on Sycolin drive), Open Arms (on Kings St), and Leesburg Montesorri. Although I formed some opinions based on my visits. I would like to consult parents who have real life experiences with any of these daycare centers. Are your kids happy there? Do you like the director/teachers? Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 04:06 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,319,732 times
When we lived there, our kids went to Kiddie Academy in Lansdowne and it was AWFUL. They were there 6 months. Here is what happened: I was in marketing and happened to be visiting the same building where the daycare was. I walked in and saw the back door was open. I stood there a minute or so and no one came. I thought "well, there must be a delivery or something." Ran upstairs to the place I was going and came back down about 5 minutes later. The back door was still wide open and no one there. So i stood there about 5 minutes. Then I decided to walk in, through the open back door...NO ONE STOPPED ME or questioned who I was or how I got in. I walked to the front/entrance and told the director what happened. They apologized but who cares about an apology when anyone could have walked in and taken a kid. The next day my kids were out. We toured lots of places (in Ashburn) and went to KinderCare in the Broadlands. We LOVED IT THERE. The director there runs a tight ship. We checked out the other 2 kindercares in Ashburn but didn't like it. We loved the one in Broadlands.
So, I would suggest you tour (which you have done) and go with whatever director you feel will be the best. Carrie Ann at the one in the Broadlands was always on top of things which meant her staff was as well.
Good luck!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:34 PM

Thank you for the information. The Kiddie Acedemy I toured was the new one on Sycolin Road. The director is very nice. I like her better than all the other directors I met during my visits. But this Kiddie Academy is very new. I cannot find any reviews on it on the web.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,956,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnewsmama View Post
I toured a few daycare centers in Leesburg: Winwood (the one on Wild Flowers Terrace), Goddard (inside the Tavistock Farms community), Kiddie Academy (the new one on Sycolin drive), Open Arms (on Kings St), and Leesburg Montesorri. Although I formed some opinions based on my visits. I would like to consult parents who have real life experiences with any of these daycare centers. Are your kids happy there? Do you like the director/teachers? Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks!
I've spent a lot of time at Leesburg Montessori over the last two years and can't say enough good things about it. The kids I know who go there are happy and they learn like crazy. I know a 5 year old who is there now. Over the last two years I often pick him up there in afternoon. You would not believe this child. He can add and subtract in his head, is the banker in the family Monopoly games, he reads chapter books, has read ALL of the Magic Treehouse books and the Box Car kids. That's rather unusual for a child who is in kindergarten. Since one of the teachers speaks Spanish with the kids he also understands Spanish and has a great accent. I've met most, if not all, of the teachers and they are always nice, and great with the kids. Good sports and music too.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:28 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,967,018 times
I would avoid the Goddard school in Leesburg. If you don't mind me asking did they give you a price for the school per week?

Have you tried the county website to check on the Kiddie Academy?

Old 04-26-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
I would avoid the Goddard school in Leesburg. If you don't mind me asking did they give you a price for the school per week?

Yes, all schools gave me their price. Could you let me know why I should avoid Goddard Leesburg? I cannot find any review on it.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton56 View Post
I've spent a lot of time at Leesburg Montessori over the last two years and can't say enough good things about it. The kids I know who go there are happy and they learn like crazy. I know a 5 year old who is there now. Over the last two years I often pick him up there in afternoon. You would not believe this child. He can add and subtract in his head, is the banker in the family Monopoly games, he reads chapter books, has read ALL of the Magic Treehouse books and the Box Car kids. That's rather unusual for a child who is in kindergarten. Since one of the teachers speaks Spanish with the kids he also understands Spanish and has a great accent. I've met most, if not all, of the teachers and they are always nice, and great with the kids. Good sports and music too.
Thank you for sharing the information.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, all schools gave me their price. Could you let me know why I should avoid Goddard Leesburg? I cannot find any review on it.
What price did they quote you? I found that they tried to play let's make a deal when it came to their price which I found troubling. It was taken over by new management a couple of years ago. I found that out by checking the county website for any violations they may have had.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
What price did they quote you? I found that they tried to play let's make a deal when it came to their price which I found troubling. It was taken over by new management a couple of years ago. I found that out by checking the county website for any violations they may have had.
I was quoted about $300 a week. Their price is pretty much in par with other area preschools. Goddard is the only school that did not give me a printed price list for different classes. I never thought too much about it. But now I am wondering whether everyone was quoted the same price.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I was quoted about $300 a week. Their price is pretty much in par with other area preschools. Goddard is the only school that did not give me a printed price list for different classes. I never thought too much about it. But now I am wondering whether everyone was quoted the same price.
I was quoted no where near that price. I have two kids, but the price they gave me made me gasp and say no thanks. The owner called me later and I told him that I couldn't afford it he asked what I could afford. I gave him a number and told me he could do that for me, but would need a commitment from me to have my kids there for a long time. He then told me not to tell anyone that he had given me that price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia