Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 10:29 AM

28 posts, read 53,198 times

Advertisements

We have bought a town house one block from Cherry Hill Park in Falls Church City. So, I think the EFC metro is about one mile. However, when making my way to the Pentagon from the EFC metro, I would still have to switch at Rosslyn. I would really like to hear from others making their way to the Pentagon area from FCC area. Is biking on trails a possibility? Taking the bus? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 12:37 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,586,118 times
that would be quite a hike on a bike. you'd probably have to shower once you got to work lol.

if you are set on public transportation, i would just bike to the falls church metro stop and go from there

Old 04-13-2011, 01:28 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,582,878 times
Bike - Martha Custis trail to the Mount Vernon Trail.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,094,363 times
WABA

http://www.arlingtonva.us/Department.../planning/bike

Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM

384 posts, read 1,030,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmargewy View Post
We have bought a town house one block from Cherry Hill Park in Falls Church City. So, I think the EFC metro is about one mile. However, when making my way to the Pentagon from the EFC metro, I would still have to switch at Rosslyn. I would really like to hear from others making their way to the Pentagon area from FCC area. Is biking on trails a possibility? Taking the bus? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
I have a couple of suggestions for routes:

Martha Custis to Mount Vernon trail
Exit at Arlington Cemetary/Memorial Bridge
Pick up connector trail (I think it parallels 110)

Martha Custis to Mount Vernon trail
Exit at Crystal City (near VRE station)
Proceed toward Army Navy and cross under 395

There is a bike trail just outside Arlington Cemetary however I haven't rode that section before. I think it starts near the Iwo Jima Memorial and parallels 110.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:02 PM

628 posts, read 1,935,773 times
From FC you would have to connect to the Martha Custis Trail via a portion of the W&OD Trail which passes near your neighborhood. A friend used to bike often from W. Springfield to his Pentagon job. Because there are no direct-route trails for that trip, he used a network of side streets and trails. It took him almost an hour and a half--and, yes, he had to shower at the Pentagon. My guess is that from FC on dedicated and virtually direct trails the trip could be made in an hour, give or take. Depending on the time of day, the journey by car and the walk from the parking lot could be about the same time--but no shower required!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia