Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,145,101 times

Advertisements

Its so close I can almost taste it ..

Too bad I could not be there to see this , I would have loved to be there , I would LOVE for it to be legal . Best Medicine in the world

Medical Marijuana Protest in the Poconos - PAHomePage.com

Old 04-04-2010, 03:07 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,149,165 times
Sounds like the true voice of a 60's hippie!! Count me in also!!

Old 04-04-2010, 03:58 PM

Cheers... I raise my Bong to you ..

Old 04-04-2010, 06:25 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,174,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Cheers... I raise my Bong to you ..
Riverside4ever, DavidWebb,
I am quick to admit that current enforcement does not work and I hate the idea of paying to keep people in jail for using a little weed.
I still have problems with the original questions that have never been answered. How much THC is too much to operate motor vehicles or equipment? How long should people wait before they operate anything that could take another’s life? Do employers have the right to fire people that use and do not have their mind on safety or their work?
We have been discussing regulating cell phones while driving - they are too distracting. Hallucinating can also be a distraction. As far as I’m concerned we have too many prescription drugs on our roads now.
If somebody wants to sooth their problems of thier cancer treatment; while staying home - I can see no problem. The problems come from when they want to take that trip to the store.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:46 PM

24,130 posts, read 32,529,961 times
It does not work.
Count ne in too.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:10 AM

905 posts, read 2,402,686 times
I didn't see a smelly hippie girl dancing in a flowing patchwork dress to Willie Nelson...what gives?

Old 04-05-2010, 04:55 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,812,218 times
I am for it too. Not for daily use. My dh is a cancer survivor (was 35) and it was the best for his nausea with chemo.
Then he is also prone to severe depression and it was wonderful for that too.

He asked his oncologist when he was taking the chemo if the pot would help ; his answer was, cannot prescribe it, cant tell you where to get it but it does work great.

No problem here at all.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:21 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,149,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Riverside4ever, DavidWebb,
How much THC is too much to operate motor vehicles or equipment? How long should people wait before they operate anything that could take another’s life?
I agree with what you're saying but I have no intention of going anywhere after having some good weed...besides that's the whole idea anyway after smoking some weed...just relax and enjoy the ride it gives ya...but honestly I don't think I could handle it like I used to when I was in the military back in the 70's early 80's...back then I was a certified PotHead...anytime I wasn't on duty and out on liberty I was always flying high...but I haven't touched the stuff since getting out and when I tried it once like 3-4 years ago I got a little sick and it gave me a headache...at least I got that out of me when I was young...and even in the military I didn't use it while working or on duty...I wasn't that dumb!!

Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,174,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
I agree with what you're saying but I have no intention of going anywhere after having some good weed...besides that's the whole idea anyway after smoking some weed...just relax and enjoy the ride it gives ya...but honestly I don't think I could handle it like I used to when I was in the military back in the 70's early 80's...back then I was a certified PotHead...anytime I wasn't on duty and out on liberty I was always flying high...but I haven't touched the stuff since getting out and when I tried it once like 3-4 years ago I got a little sick and it gave me a headache...at least I got that out of me when I was young...and even in the military I didn't use it while working or on duty...I wasn't that dumb!!
DavidWebb,
Our government has always taken the position that users were under the influence long after what users felt they were under the influence. For a while our government was pushing for hair sample that could tell if you had ever used drugs. I don’t know what should be legal or illegal. Some have talked about being cited for .02 THC in their blood and some for over .10. Potency varies wildly on the varieties of marijuana available. I am sure that the truth lies in between our government’s position and the people that want to use the drug.
Here is a link to a USA story about a Wisconsin study on the misuse of the prescription sleep medication Ambien: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2006-04-23-insomnia-drugs_x.htm Many people take this medication and love the results. However; there are those that take it and for whatever reason end up on our roads - without the full eight hours undisturbed sleep. If the ones that misused the medication were the only ones affected; I would see no problems. However; when innocent drivers are hurt and killed we need some form of control.
I know that our war on drugs is loosing. I just don’t think that we should jump ship without looking where we are jumping.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:34 AM

The weed I smoke is 20% THC .. Ive been smoking for 30 plus yrs .

I get most genetics from the west coast , and others from Holland

Today Im smoking some "" Blue Cheese ""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania