Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:43 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,155 times

Advertisements

I'm pretty sure that D & D just deals with Pleasant Valley. It is a beautiful model, thats for sure.
Shorten deals with a number of manufacturers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 11:55 AM

15 posts, read 50,669 times
Hello All,

I am located in Scranton, PA, and I purchased my green prefab modular home from Simplex Industries. I must say, I love it. Being a modular it was affordable, was built quickly, and is rather green considering the practices they use. I am sorry others have a different experience, but I would recommend to anybody that you check out Simplex. I do truly highly recommend them. Really my wife and I just are so pleased and the children just love it.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:27 PM

5 posts, read 26,578 times
Default AMD Custom Homes

I will take a look at AMD Custom Homes before I will make my Final decision on purchasing a new House.
My friends bought a house from them and they are very trilled bout their purchase and I am going to see them soon.
They told me tht their prices are very good and the quality of their house surpasses d&d not especilly in wht you do not see.
All the structural integrity of the house is top notch and they are a delight
people to deal with and if you buy from them they always throw something in.
GREAT COMPANY
You can find them on the internet

Old 02-25-2009, 08:37 PM

Default Modular Homes

I will try AMD CUSTOM HOMES Great prices and great quality and the people are great and they will accomodate you in any possible way.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:40 PM

936 posts, read 2,396,784 times
Well I dont know about amd but D & D Development built my home and I have been living in it for 7 months and dont have a complaint. Good Luck

Old 02-25-2009, 08:50 PM

I will look at AMD CUSTOM HOMES before I will make a decision.
The people are great very accomodating and they will give you a super quality job for the money you spend and they will give you a product that you will be very satisfied.
My friend bought a house from them and he is extremely happy for their professionalism and great quality of their product

Old 02-25-2009, 10:25 PM

149 posts, read 636,171 times
Been in the industry for 20 plus years. Have been involved with the construction of over 500 plus homes. Currently have (3) under construction. Have set (coordinated the lot clearing phase thru turn key procedures on a modular home) modulars from both Simplex & Signature.....still recommend stick built. However, given the choice....probably Simplex & RR Wilmot (Sam) does do a great job, as he has performed us a subcontractor under my watch on 20 plus projects. I can be contacted for competitive quotes & I will travel via NEPA per a 100 mile radius of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre

Old 02-27-2009, 01:06 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Check out Haven Homes, based in Lock Haven. I once toured their factory, in the 1980s. Excellent product. Highly recommended.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:22 AM

77 posts, read 191,195 times
This is a comment on modular homes in general: We have been living in one for the past three years and we love this house. For a modular, it is pretty old, built in 1978. However, the house is nice and we haven't had too many problems. The only thing we do not like about it are the kitchen cabinets. They definately look cheap and ugly, and the shelves inside are not even real wood, it's some kind of thin papery-wood material. I'm surprised they are able to hold up all the dishes. However, this is just a cosmetic thing and we'll replace them someday. But again, besides the ugly cabinets, the house is very nice. The data plate says : PFS corporation, Madison, WI- manufactured by Muncy Homes, Muncy Pa.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:16 PM

Default Amd custom homes

I will definitely buy a house from AMD
Couple of months ago I was in their model in the Hideout and I looked at the quality of the materials used and I was Very impressed.
The Kitchen cabinets are cherry wood the cabinetry in the bathrooms are either cherry or maple, the kitchen has stainless steel appliances living room dining room kitchen and hallway in oak flooring ,bathroom with tile flooring and a beautiful front porch and rear deck etc.
I asked the Builder if there was a price difference to get those upgrades and that quality of work and he told me that everything came standard with the house ,in other words, the price of the house included all these options that any other builder will make you pay a fortune for it.
I priced around the same type of house with all these upgrades and I realized that their price was $20,000.00 to $40,000.00 cheaper than the competition including d&d.
Furthermore structually is very sound exceding the building standards.
So if you are in the market to purchase a new home I suggest you stop at the model of AMD CUSTOM HOMES.
The price of their houses is so low that is very competitive even with old and smelly houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania