Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:03 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,656,018 times

Advertisements

What would be the sense of Miller giving GWC a loan, only to have it sit there and remain unused? What are the terms of this yearly loan? How does this affect the IRS and income tax collection, or lack thereof?

Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 PM

Oh, and thanks for confirming the numbers! At least we now know, however it got there, it IS there.

This just in, Judge Minora approves injunction to block euthanasia:
http://scrantontimes.com/articles/2009/04/09/news/doc49de62bbcb289754630873.txt (broken link)

Last edited by scrantonluna; 04-10-2009 at 12:19 AM..

Old 04-10-2009, 07:33 PM

35 posts, read 50,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Maybe you should go back to the beginning of this thread on page one and read...If you want to know where this stuff has come from then stop your whinning and read. Not just the last few posts that you so love to tear apart one by one because you obviously can't read them all and then type ONE REPLY....So read, start at page one and read and then you will see or at least try to understand where some of the posters are coming from and the info they have provided or found.

UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY READ THE MATERIAL AND THEN QUESTION IT, YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A 10YR OLD WHINNING ABOUT SOMEONE TAKING HIS CANDY.
You know what you can say all you want but I know the truth not you .

Old 04-10-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonluna View Post
What would be the sense of Miller giving GWC a loan, only to have it sit there and remain unused? What are the terms of this yearly loan? How does this affect the IRS and income tax collection, or lack thereof?
The loan is none of your business

Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Maybe you should go back to the beginning of this thread on page one and read...If you want to know where this stuff has come from then stop your whinning and read. Not just the last few posts that you so love to tear apart one by one because you obviously can't read them all and then type ONE REPLY....So read, start at page one and read and then you will see or at least try to understand where some of the posters are coming from and the info they have provided or found.

UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY READ THE MATERIAL AND THEN QUESTION IT, YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A 10YR OLD WHINNING ABOUT SOMEONE TAKING HIS CANDY.
I can write as many times as I want just like you! Can you highlight read any more or is it just fun for you.. This is Ms. Millers business what money is in it is not any ones business. She owns the animals.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Oh, and thanks for confirming the numbers! At least we now know, however it got there, it IS there.

This just in, Judge Minora approves injunction to block euthanasia:
Update: Judge bars Genesis Wildlife Center from moving or euthanizing animals | News | thetimes-tribune.com - The Times-Tribune (http://scrantontimes.com/articles/2009/04/09/news/doc49de62bbcb289754630873.txt - broken link)
What about this injunction there her animals not Heverans.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:50 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,134,197 times
Obviously your a solid spokesperson for the GWC. You have pleaded the case so well and so thoroughly that I concede your absolutely right and will always be right because you know the truth(even though documents might say different). A huge to you. Feel better, good now grow up and stop responding to other posters like you are 5.

Did you ever think that Heverans and the judge might just actually have the animals BEST INTERESTS in mind, which seems to be something that you and the GWC have forgotten. These are NOT PETS and yet they have been refered to as PETS, so if they are viewed as pets and not the WILD, and yes somewhat humanized animals that they are then maybe their best interests might not be being taken into account at the current facility they are in.

Since the animals cannot speak for themselves and the GWC seems to be losing its home and has no where to go, Heverans and the court OBVIOUSLY felt that it was important enough to file and grant an injuction. Its up to the GWC and its lawyer to deal with it.

Are you their lawyer?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,195,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbs7 View Post
I think that some of the posters here (including me) remain puzzled by the fact that the GWC's tax forms, as submitted to the IRS, do not appear to match the financial picture that the GWC has presented to the public. I am not a tax expert and I am not going to speculate on the reasons for the apparent discrepancy. I do think, however, that Ms. Miller should be asked to explain the discrepancy.
You PETA freaks always make me chuckle. I can only hope that whatever power controls our universe, has you reincarnated as a hen in a big corporate poultry farm.

Cheers

Old 04-11-2009, 12:26 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,195,664 times
Quote:
Really, it's the gruff attitude that's hurting Genesis more than anything.
Really? Seriously?
Since I have insomnia, I have had my mind melted by the drivel you and your buddy have been posting for 13 pages.
They can't have a "gruff" attitude(whatever in the H*** that is) but you and your buddy can be a condescending know it all? That is just fine and dandy?
I really love how you and MBS share your ideas about how you will/would plan on rebuilding the Zoo.
Let me paraphrase a recent exchange between the two of you;
MB: Like, if I was the boss, I would totally have it all NE PA animals.
SL: Wow, how did you get so smart?
MB: Like I don't know, but I have a degree In Animal Studies from Google Univ.
SL: I have flowers to throw at your feet.
MB: You know what else, if we made it all about education, that would be da bomb.
SL: Like, we could have those talking tape recorder things about the animals
MB: Hey watch it, I have all the ideas. I have a Google degree
----
Yes, Genesis leaves much to be desired. But, to little kids they don't care. It is a cool cat or a neat monkey or an awesome fox they get to see. For the parents, it is almost free to get in. It is a win-win.
For the animals, first you need to be honest with yourselves. Once you accomplish that, you will understand that no matter what, a lion will be starving somewhere, a monkey will be mistreated somewhere else and a chimp will end up shot to death because it freaked out. At the end of the day, none of those things are happening at Genesis. As a matter of fact, those animals probably eat better than a homeless kid in Philly who has crack addicts for parents. Gee, the animals even have a roof and a warm place to sleep.

And yes, may you too be reincarnated as a hen in a corporate chicken farm. Then my friend, you will truly have something to bi*ch about.
One last point to you Zoo zealots. When I was at the Philly Zoo last summer, it cost just over $60.00 for two adults and a 3 year old to park and get in the zoo.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
You PETA freaks always make me chuckle. I can only hope that whatever power controls our universe, has you reincarnated as a hen in a big corporate poultry farm.

Cheers

That comment is about FINANCES, not about animals? Do you people even read these posts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania