Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:04 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,799 times

Advertisements

With Halloween coming up in just over a month, I was wondering if there's any "Addams Family" or "Munsters" type houses up in NEPA that add to the Halloween "feel"??

I remember 1 as a kid that scared the bejeezes outta us when we walked by it!!! Oooooooo.......scawy!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 11:08 AM

201 posts, read 538,849 times
Oh, I just love Halloween but I do not decorate because no kids come to my house. I live on a dark little dirt road behind the main street so I guess they do not want to walk down it. I used to do my moms house all up but since 9/11, she does not really want to let people in. Too many older ones were coming around and she did not feel comfortable. I really do not see to many houses decorated anymore. It's a shame because it is the best holiday IMO.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:11 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
There is a Haunted House opening the weekend of Sept 26th/27th in Saylorsburg........Everyone seems to love. I see them setting everything up now.
And there is another one that is in my pictures of the West End Fair.........
I've never seen that one myself.......
Anyone here remember the name of one further North/West of here?.......

Old 09-12-2008, 07:08 AM

203 posts, read 577,151 times
My kids love the house on Moosic St in Scranton that decorates for Halloween & Christmas. They live next to an alley & it's so popular that the police will come & direct traffic. They do a wonderful job.

A neighbor a few blocks over does a great Halloween set-up too. They even do a haunted house type thing for kids trick-or-treating. It's Reynolds Ave in Taylor, 2 blocks from the Price Chopper. They tone it down a little if you have little kids (mine are 8 & 5) and get the whole family involved.

Those are the free ones that I know of...I'm still a little new here.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:29 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
When I was growing up in Jenkins Township I used to love trick-or-treating in the early-1990s in a small home across Main Street in Inkerman from the township municipal building that the owners would tastefully convert into a haunted house. I remember walking through the basement and nearly wetting my pants at the end of my travels when a coffin would open and somebody would jump out at me! Trick-or-treating in Inkerman is one of my fondest memories of my early childhood. Here on Wisteria Lane trick-or-treating just isn't the same---most people hand out $5 bills instead of a Reese's peanut butter cup or MilK Duds!

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 09-12-2008 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: Typo!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:51 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,870 times
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I'm all for a GOOD scare too! I love to decorate for this holiday too...we do a big halloween display.
for anyone in the Hamlin Area...poconosmama and The Hat....Robbies Deals for Dollars in the Weis parking lot has gorgeous fall and halloween decoration..nice quality stuff at great prices. Nice wooden stuff and lots of those wooden signs with sayings on them too.
I did not know the house on Moosic St also decorated for Haloween too. The only problem with decorating our house is we live on a road that hardly anyone drive on, so not many people see it.

Waymart is a great town for Haloween, especially on Haloween. It is like the movie 'Haloween Town.' Everone is outside inviting people in their homes, sitting on their decorated porches...really cool!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:51 AM

58 posts, read 209,427 times
Check this link out...I love Halloween too, which is why, being new to the area, I started looking for things online....

Tatamy Haunted Mill | Lehigh Valley, PA | Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Pocono Mts., New Jersey

Looks, fun!

Old 09-13-2008, 01:24 PM

183 posts, read 611,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
When I was growing up in Jenkins Township I used to love trick-or-treating in the early-1990s in a small home across Main Street in Inkerman from the township municipal building that the owners would tastefully convert into a haunted house. I remember walking through the basement and nearly wetting my pants at the end of my travels when a coffin would open and somebody would jump out at me! Trick-or-treating in Inkerman is one of my fondest memories of my early childhood. Here on Wisteria Lane trick-or-treating just isn't the same---most people hand out $5 bills instead of a Reese's peanut butter cup or MilK Duds!
Up here in Highland Hills we have someone who gets people to come out to make it really nice,last year was someone with a fake chain saw and people jumping out at you.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:48 PM

193 posts, read 542,529 times
I am such a scary cat. My hubby took me to one of those walk thru haunted houses in bloomsburg. I had such a panic attack, I sat on the floor and wouldn't move till somebody with a flashlight came and got me out.
So if you are like me and not into being scared there is a very highy decorated house in Canadensis, That most of my neigbors go to. it's very nice

Old 09-13-2008, 03:09 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbuyer View Post
Check this link out...I love Halloween too, which is why, being new to the area, I started looking for things online....

Tatamy Haunted Mill | Lehigh Valley, PA | Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Pocono Mts., New Jersey

Looks, fun!
Thanks for the link...will check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania