Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 05:30 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,813,736 times

Advertisements

Well, we moved to our vacation house for full time living exactly a year ago. Its been a big adjustment, but a good one. Yes, I work crazy hours, and work hard but its all good.

The reasons why I love it here ; its close to the airports, close to NYC, lots of transplants like myself and where I work pays well for the area. There is always something to do within an hour drive ; next week we are going to Reading WW2 reenactment. Stewart Airport is close for our trips home to Ireland. Our friends from NY come to visit a few times a year and we go there also.

The only downside is that our kids still live in Pittsburgh so we don't see them often. Its ok as they are in college there and have a lot of other commitments. We text daily and call twice a week so the communication is still there which is so important.

The community is ok. not great, but ok. We got the water issue fixed which was great. Would I live in a gated community again ; probably not. But it is decent for now. Many people are retired so as we are still in our '50's and working, its not great for making new friends. Again, thats ok. We have a few and keep ourselves busy. We are saving money because there are no malls within 15 mins of where we live, no costco, no sams, and we only buy what we need from the local grocery shop. We have learned to do without the luxuries that we became used to on Long Island. Eating out is a treat for us at the weekend.

So far so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 06:31 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,903,532 times
So happy for you that are enjoying living here. On the way home from visiting Nescopeck State Park yesterday my wife proclaimed how great an area we live as she took in the country surrounding us. I'm glad you are having the same experience, maybe others will begin to see the upside as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania