Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:46 PM

32,625 posts, read 77,770,733 times

Advertisements

I'm expecting Dan to answer this one. I was lurking around DD to see what nasty comments people had to say about Poochie going out of business (certainly there were a couple of them), but then I decided to read a thread about the change in city council president from Judith Gatelli to Robert McGoff. About halfway down the first page I saw some discussion about Mayor Doherty stepping down from office to pursue another position. Is there any merit to this, or is this just hysteria being posted by folks on DD?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 03:52 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,674,155 times
One can only hope......

Old 01-05-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
One can only hope......
Be careful what you wish for. The folks at DD are implying that either McGoff or Gatelli will be named his interim replacement until the 2009 election. Are those really going to be improvements?

Old 01-05-2008, 04:01 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,674,155 times
No, I wouldn't want that either. But they could be just saying that to stir up controversy. You never know with the DD crowd.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:37 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,318,792 times
According to DD, the mayor was to have lost the last election. And then he was to have taken an appointment somewhere. And then the administrator was to have scored a slam dunk on many of the lawsuits that he lost, etc., etc., etc. None of which actually happened.

That place is NOT a source of credible information. Sure, one or two things might eventually pan out, sort of, if you spin it correctly, but hell, even blind squirrels find nuts now and then.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
And then the administrator was to have scored a slam dunk on many of the lawsuits that he lost, etc., etc., etc.
Pilchesky's Rebuttal:

Quote:
That place is NOT a source of credible information. Sure, one or two things might eventually pan out, sort of, if you spin it correctly, but hell, even blind squirrels find nuts now and then.
Les Spindler's Rebuttal:

Old 01-05-2008, 05:05 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,318,792 times
I thought Les's rebuttal would be more along the lines of "I caught you a delicious bass."

Old 01-05-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I thought Les's rebuttal would be more along the lines of "I caught you a delicious bass."
That can be arranged:

Don't forget about how Janet Evans arrives at the weekly council meetings:

Old 01-05-2008, 05:47 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,118,420 times
There has been talk in the wind for a few years about Doherty looking to seek a higher office and I think it is a possibility. If the mayor was to leave office the president of city council would fill in the position temporarily until the replacement is appointed. Doherty is finished in this region and I'm not sure if the fiscal anchor around his neck would really be a good thing to campaign on but we'll see. Congress in my mind would be the next step for him but I just don't know. What would he campaign with? What would his platform be? If he was to run and was elected it would ensure that the fed money would continue to flow here. I think that he will run in 2009 for mayor because his ego just won't allow it to go to someone else. It justs makes sense for him to try and move up the political ladder and feed that fed cash back here to his crony buddies in the county and city gov'ts. Washo and O'Brien are as crony as it gets and they would love for him to there sending the money back here. McGoff would be a temp mayor and then that would move Judas right back into the presidents seat. There is a reason why she was able to maintain the VP seat. IF something does happen they would never allow Bill or Janet to get the presidents seat and no one in their right mind would ever allow that stupid excuse for a human Fanucci to have control or power. That would be like letting a 5 yr old drive a bus, just a huge accident waiting to happen. CHS89 everyone has their opinions of DD and I don't always agree with the site but the story about McGoff was out on the site 2 days before the times even knew.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
no one in their right mind would ever allow that stupid excuse for a human Fanucci to have control or power. That would be like letting a 5 yr old drive a bus, just a huge accident waiting to happen.
Nice one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania