Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 02:46 PM

910 posts, read 2,992,378 times

Advertisements

Over in Daleville...anyone been there yet or heard of them at all? I had to get right on the internet when I first saw their sign go up, I've never even heard of the chain. From their site it looks like a Marshalls/TJ Maxx-ish store and if that's the case I'm so excited for it. It's already open, I'm going tonight, just thought I'd see if there's any experienced Peebles shoppers around....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 02:56 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
Over in Daleville...anyone been there yet or heard of them at all? I had to get right on the internet when I first saw their sign go up, I've never even heard of the chain. From their site it looks like a Marshalls/TJ Maxx-ish store and if that's the case I'm so excited for it. It's already open, I'm going tonight, just thought I'd see if there's any experienced Peebles shoppers around....
I know there's a Peebles in Carbondale as well, but I've never shopped there. I've also heard rumors that they might be opening a store in a new mall coming near Pittston also, but then again rumors here in Tomato Town get tossed around like...well...rotten tomatoes during the festival. LOL!

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 10-29-2007 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 10-29-2007, 09:19 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
Peebles is not like a Marshalls/TJMaxx. I haven't been there yet but I heard it's not like those stores. The one in Carbondale is a mystery, they never ever have a circulasr in the Sunday paper, and they do no advertising. I only remember them advertising when they opened. They should do well in Daleville though as there really isn't much around there.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 PM

1,099 posts, read 4,619,452 times
There used to be a few Peebles in the Harrisburg area.

It's more of a combination of a really trashed TJ Maxx and K-Mart. Gross store, but cheap stuff I guess.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:17 AM

Well I wasted a 32 mile round trip for that store visit and will never return! It is definitely not like Marshalls, and not like Kmart. More of an upscale Kohls I guess. No variety, not much there, expensive, had a snooty feel. I cant see them doing well anywhere actually when there's so much competition. Maybe if you're in a pinch and need something for a gift or occasion quickly but other than that I'll pass. Wound up driving up to Target anyway lol!

Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 AM

996 posts, read 3,278,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
Well I wasted a 32 mile round trip for that store visit and will never return! It is definitely not like Marshalls, and not like Kmart. More of an upscale Kohls I guess. No variety, not much there, expensive, had a snooty feel. I cant see them doing well anywhere actually when there's so much competition. Maybe if you're in a pinch and need something for a gift or occasion quickly but other than that I'll pass. Wound up driving up to Target anyway lol!

I really wish Hamlin would get some type of department store again. As much as I complained about Ames never having stuff that was on sale, it was nice to not have to drive to Scranton or Honesdale. Dollar General is OK in a pinch, but most of their stuff is junk.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:13 AM

omg I hated ames when it was here now at least once a week I say 'if ames was here...' they even had crafting supplies which was great for me. I'm sick of driving a half hour for most items. Maybe now that the hamlin fun center is gone we have a chance at a real store.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:16 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I really wish Hamlin would get some type of department store again. As much as I complained about Ames never having stuff that was on sale, it was nice to not have to drive to Scranton or Honesdale. Dollar General is OK in a pinch, but most of their stuff is junk.
Hamlin will be getting some more shopping options within the next five years or so if the growth in the Mt. Cobb/Hamlin/Lake Ariel/Moscow area continues at the pace it is currently at. An acquaintance of mine lives in Sterling Township, and I routinely have a very difficult time making a left from Cemetery Road onto Route 590 near Hamlin Corners when I'm on my way home due to all of the traffic. It seems as if traffic near the corners gets heavier and heavier with each passing year; it won't be long until a Wal-Mart finds its way there to latch onto it.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:17 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
I agree. I miss Ames. They really need something in there! And every time I go into the dollar general, I swear I'm not going in again. Actually, Shaffers Hardware is a good place to hit in a pinch. They have everything you can think of for the kitchen and any home repair, paint, etc along with a very nice selection of seasonal and gift items. Also, Hunters Gallery is good behind them for a gift for the men on your list for Christmas, nice socks, hats, sweatshirts, flannel shirts, jackets, good boots, etc.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 AM

Thank you I love PA. I've been searching for something to hang on my dining room wall and I think I'll swing over to shaffers before picking my son up at school!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania