Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 06:40 AM

45 posts, read 115,357 times

Advertisements

I know some HOA's are out of control with so many rules regarding condition, color of home, modifications, tree trimming, grass cutting ect.
Towamensing Trails--Is it live and let live or a police state or in between.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:15 PM

513 posts, read 1,080,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by log living View Post
I know some HOA's are out of control with so many rules regarding condition, color of home, modifications, tree trimming, grass cutting ect.
Towamensing Trails--Is it live and let live or a police state or in between.
I'd say inbetween. I've had my grass get high a few times, and was not bothered (it wasn't high for weeks). You are supposed to get a permit to cut any tree 4" or more, but I've done a few and didn't bother, or get bothered. My biggest peeve is they are really pissy about campfires - have to get a permit, security stops by and checks to make sure your pit is located well, and you have a hose nearby. They often outlaw fires altogether, and don't adjust when the conditions change.
The rules keep the folks who would be happy to let their place run down and collect junk in their yards from doing so. If that sort of thing gives you pause, maybe you should look outside of a community.
Beltsville Lake Estates is live and let live...

Old 06-12-2011, 08:47 AM

45 posts, read 115,357 times
In between sounds fine. I don't want to wake up living next to a junkyard, but don't want to live in a police state either.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,418 times
log living -- in Towamensing Trails, you still may end up next to a junkyard -- or worse -- a truck stop!

Fact is, a lot of homes are not well kept and there are dozens of properties that are just piled with junk. They limit your shed style, color, location and quantity (1), so people just store their junk outside!

Also, they allow big rigs (semi trucks). So you may end up with someone, even a renter, living next to you and driving his big rig to and from work every day. This may seem like no big deal, but believe me, when they start the massive engine at 3:30 AM and let it rumble for 20 minutes, shaking your home and waking you up and keeping you awake --

I've lived in the trails for years.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-12-2011 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Removed slanderous comments

Old 07-28-2011, 07:19 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,118,108 times
I wish they had rules regarding the color of the homes.

The campfire thing is annoying. We're supposed to get a permit now? We haven't had one in quite a while but we used to do it all the time. We have a baby so we've been on hiatus. lol. We've cooked on coals in the ring and no one has said anything.

I like it as a vacation community. I think when people live full-time in communities like this they get weird.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,166,799 times
Closed for moderator review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania