Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 03:36 PM

454 posts, read 940,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra dweller View Post
I love the site. I've referenced it many times to friends and I've commented on the site regarding one of the towns that my father went to school in.

Here are some video's recently from a guy that appears to be researching places to set up some oilfield housing. These are located in these not quite "ghost towns" not too far from oil country.

It appears he bought a "fixer-upper" in Arnegard.

Macgregor ND home f sale - YouTube

Flaxtin ND city - YouTube

Portal ND 4 RV spaces new - YouTube
Ghosts of North Dakota is an awesome site - great stuff to look at, especially if you like old buildings.

I got a real charge out of the guy who posted the videos.............he's obviously got someone in the car with him, because they have a bit of conversation here and there - yet he's driving and videotaping at the same time .

Another note: The middle video has the name of the town misspelled, it's supposed to be "Flaxton", it had me wondering if there was another town in ND with the name "Flaxtin" (you never know!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 09:23 PM

1 posts, read 824 times
Thanks!

Old 05-15-2014, 02:11 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
Quite interesting. Several of those places I pass through quite often. Never paid much attention to them. going to take more notice now.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:18 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,167,719 times
With the driving I do for my job, I have been through McGregor, Flaxton, Portal, Arnegard and other ghost towns and near-ghost towns. I can park and marvel for hours at these old towns and wonder what they must have been like in their heyday. It is truly sad that they have deteriorated to this extent, but perhaps the oil boom will bring new life to them.

Some of the other towns you can add to the list that aren't far from Williston (maybe 75 miles) include Fortuna, Noonan, Wheelock, Alkabo, Corinth, Larson, Hamlet, Appam and Ambrose. I have been through all of these towns. Many of these towns are along the Route 5 corridor - only a matter of a few miles from the Canadian border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota