Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 6,216 times

Advertisements

just thought i'd say hello, sitting here on a wet, cold autumn evening, on guy fawkes night, with my dog going loopy with the fireworks going off outside,
htought i'd like to know a bit about your town in the U.S, and compare it with rugby over here, i dont want to read about it on the visiters guide, i want to hear about it from you people that live there, cheers..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 04:32 PM

325 posts, read 1,548,202 times
Rugbyboy:

I grew up in Rugby, North Dakota (Also, the geographical center of the North American continent).
Rugby was and still is a small town of around 3000 people, and is in middle of farming country. Rugby, ND is also the county seat. The county where Rugby is located has been loosing population over recent years do to not enough jobs (industrial/high tech) and the changes in agriculture (larger farms, equipment that can do much more, etc...). Most people in the Rugby area are either German (mostly Germans from Russia that migrated in early 1900's and Norweigen/Swedish... Scandanavian.
Can get colder than blazes in winter, with snow and sometimes very warm summer days. Rugby has 4 seasons. Also, Rugby was named after your city of Rugby in the UK. I believe it was originally called Rugby Junction and came about because of the railroad comming through. Mostly the area is very flat, but supports crops like sunflower seeds, wheat, barley, soy beans, canola oil, corn... etc. Mostly small grain farming. When I grew up in (46-66) living in Rugby, most of my relatives were farmers. At that time the farmers in the area I knew had just about anything/everything going on, on the farms. They would raise cows, chickens, hogs, sheep etc.. and were more self-suficient then, then they are today. Today, most spend their time specializing in a variety of crops and save winter for getting their equipment ready for spring work.
There area several schools in Rugby, ND. One High School, a Catholic school and another public school for grades kindergarten - 8th grade. Not sure, but I think its still the case today.
The numbers attending High School have dropped a lot over recent years because the county population has dropped, so there is less bussing into the city and you don't have the big families as much as a generation ago. My relatives needed help with the farm work, so most had very big families in those days. Not sure if that was the only reason. Could be the long winters too....

Well, thats just a small picture of my experience of Rugby, ND. May be others around that can add to it.
Stay warm!!

Whats guy fawkes night????

Old 11-06-2008, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 6,216 times
thanks for that, mikeytoo, sounds a bit like our town (not a city by the way) before the heavy industries moved in, and just recently moved out, i live just outside rugby in a village called newbold on avon, it's quite nice with two pubs, a store and fish and chippy, mostly arable farming round here, with wheat and barley the main crops, though a lot of farms are moving to oil seed rape, acouple of dairy farms and a few sheep, our local school has just been re-built after being burned to the ground by arsonists, who have yet to be caught, and knowing our police service, are unlikely to be, (to busy targeting car drivers),anyway got to make a move, the wife just come in from work and wants her tea, oh and guy fawkes,

a 17thcentury roman catholic or did'nt fancy a protestant king on the throne, so decided to blow him up on the opening of parliment nov 5 1605, trouble was he got caught, and was hung drawn and quartered, i think you'll get thefull monty on google, cheers for now....

Old 11-25-2008, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,155 times
Default Help me

hi ..
I am Professional Rugby Player. I am Looking for Rugby Fitness and Body Protection Equipment Suppliers.I heard about [url=http://www.morrant.com/rugby_2007-2008/rugby_body_protection/3941_0c.html]rugby 2007/2008 | rugby body protection | morrant sports[/url] If any one knows about this company,kindly reply this post.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyequipment1 View Post
hi ..
I am Professional Rugby Player. I am Looking for Rugby Fitness and Body Protection Equipment Suppliers.I heard about rugby 2007/2008 | rugby body protection | morrant sports If any one knows about this company,kindly reply this post.
I bought from them twice. It was nothing but problems. Choose a different supplier. Plenty of better ones out there.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:51 PM

28 posts, read 96,392 times
Rugby players need equipment?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,896 times
Default Rugby Equipment

Hi,
While browsing over internet i found a site which was having rugby equipment's. I buyed some of the equipments and the quality is very good. This is the site [url=http://www.morrant.com]| morrant sports[/url]

Old 12-05-2008, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,860 times
Default Rugby Equipment

HI,
There is no excuse for not wearing these protective shoulder pads. Without them, you are at risk for muscle aches and pains later on... maybe even broken bones! To avoid such problems, make sure you arm yourself with shoulder pads meant especially for Rugby players like you. You can get more information from [url=http://www.morrant.com]| morrant sports[/url].

Old 12-05-2008, 09:03 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,483,076 times
Default wow

Maybe you have been in a scrum 1 to many times. Read the thread. This is thread is about a town called Rugby, not the sport. I bet you would be hard pressed to find over 60 people that actively play rugby in North Dakota.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:00 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,240 times
I'm sure it's a series of bots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of: