Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 05:11 PM

62 posts, read 227,978 times

Advertisements

Well they do refer to those days as the "good old days"

Old 02-01-2009, 07:28 PM

109 posts, read 441,752 times
There's a drag show in Bismarck this month! I'll be there

Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 PM

137 posts, read 424,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Why don't you stop hiding behind god's skirt? If you have a phobia about homosexuality just man up and admit it. Self righteous, sanctimonious bible thumpers always use the bible or koran or some other "holy book" as a pretext for their venom. I think bible thumpers and koran thumpers and all the other ignorant and fearful religionists are a force for ignorance and hatred in society but I wouldn't try and stop them from peddling their stupidity or try to tell them where they could live. It's their life.
Got to agree 100% with all that. 'amen' to everything you said

Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 PM

488 posts, read 1,027,047 times
Smile Trolls and peguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOAD View Post
It is pretty clear that this whole thread is just a troll post... But I can't believe the preposterous answers offered.

In no way shape or form are the typical North Dakotans tolerant of ANYTHING! What a joke? I suppose compared to Hitler or Stalin they might qualify as somewhat tolerant, but you've got to be kidding if you say there is no bias or racism. Homosexuals will get truly awful treatment up here, are you guys completely out of touch with reality?!

Heck, anyone from outside the local communities will get treated like they have the plague, no matter how straight they are! You are talking about an ultra conservative state, with some of the most uptight people in America. Whole segments of North Dakota society would make the Puritans seem like wild party people.

As someone that has known everything about this state for decades, I can tell you that many of the posts in the North Dakota forum are just plain DEAD WRONG. It makes me wonder how accurate the info is in other state's forums.
Sheesh!
What is the deal?every time a forum is posted about gays the gay people always refer to someone as a troll?usually gay's call them selves peguns not always!but it seems if you don't agree with that lifestyle wich is your own bizz!gay people alway call hederosexuall people trolls! it looks like in most cases or a lot of them it looks like a alternative religion comes along with it!i have not saw any trolls or witches in north dakota!so that could tell you something right there,but to each there own,its just not for me!and i am not a troll although i may look like one lol!but don't ask questions if you don't want opinions!my self i am not in to hairy legs and sweaty arm pitts!

Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 PM

Lightbulb i am keeping my faith/and i hope others do as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmuta View Post
Got to agree 100% with all that. 'amen' to everything you said
i got to go with the bible thumpers!i like to thump the bible myself,god said it i believe it that ends it!ask yourself if you die now where are you going?and if you dont believe in the bible ask you self what if you are wrong?eternity is a long time no matter if you are gay or if you just dont have faith!

Old 02-03-2009, 12:02 AM

Default i am with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehobothBeachDela_where View Post
And who says it's wrong?

Homosexuals have been around since the beginning of time, good grief get used to it!

Don't expect us to condone your behavior/lifestyle either!

Good God, what if one of your children grew up to be homosexual?
i agree with you all the way dave.if one of my children told me they was gay i would feel i was not much of a father;just my opinion

Old 02-03-2009, 07:55 AM

43 posts, read 197,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
i got to go with the bible thumpers!i like to thump the bible myself,god said it i believe it that ends it!ask yourself if you die now where are you going?and if you dont believe in the bible ask you self what if you are wrong?eternity is a long time no matter if you are gay or if you just dont have faith!
Or the ability to type a coherant sentence with proper punctuation and grammar.

There is a hearing today in Bismarck:

Adding Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity as a Protected Class in North Dakota
Hearing Scheduled for SB 2278
Tuesday, February 3 @ 10:30 a.m.
Haugland Room, Capitol Building

EDIT:

Mom...mom............... MOM! GRANDPA'S ON THE INTERNET AGAIN...

Quote:
What is the deal?every time a forum is posted about gays the gay people always refer to someone as a troll?usually gay's call them selves peguns not always!but it seems if you don't agree with that lifestyle wich is your own bizz!gay people alway call hederosexuall people trolls! it looks like in most cases or a lot of them it looks like a alternative religion comes along with it!i have not saw any trolls or witches in north dakota!so that could tell you something right there,but to each there own,its just not for me!and i am not a troll although i may look like one lol!but don't ask questions if you don't want opinions!my self i am not in to hairy legs and sweaty arm pitts!
troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument. (urbandictionary.com)

Old 02-03-2009, 07:07 PM

122 posts, read 573,712 times
I called this entire thread a troll thread simply because many folks from more urban areas come here to intentionally rile up the local hicks, by posting on controversial subjects.

You see, it gives these urbanites a kick to get you guys to post your "backwards" views on social subjects that they feel they are more sophisticated... And you guys sure fall for it. It is a way of ridiculing you, without even having to argue, because as soon as you start bible thumping or showing your prejudice, they've exposed you for an unsophisticated hick.

It is sad that I even have to explain it to you.

Quote:

Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 PM

24 posts, read 75,236 times
why do you "choose" to be gay ??? "Choose" straight and be accepted anywhere....... then you won't have to wonder ?????

Old 02-04-2009, 07:17 PM

979 posts, read 3,671,665 times
I am straight, and as a straight guy, do I then accept and want my children exposed to the straight peoples "life style"? Girls and guys living together out of marriage, husbands and wives cheating on each other and then going to church as a family and pretending everything is all right, guys night out to strip bars or flirting with bar flies after the softball game, but...forgiven because they are straight, go to church and ask forgiveness from God, until the next weekend plays out again. The bible thumpers have a lot to work on themselves, so would never take advice from any of them. I don't thinkt gays live any differenlty than straight people when it comes to morals...I also do not believe being gay is a lifestyle choice...who would want the prejudice and crap that comes with it from the bible thumpers???
I have a friend I've known since grade school. He and his partner have been with each other for over 18 years...quite a long time considering 50% of straight marriages end in divorce, and 65% have admitted to infidelity or lust for another person other than their spouse. I'm guessing it is even higher than that, but many won't admit it. The lord is with people who ask him to be, whether they are gay or straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota