Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 06:15 AM

249 posts, read 645,284 times

Advertisements

Anybody get anything through that Halliburton guy in Texas that posted a couple of weeks ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 08:45 AM

89 posts, read 167,144 times
Nope and the lady he referred to in the message didn't like that he was doing it, didn't know who he was. When she focused on why I called she asked if I made the profile and that I should be hearing from someone.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 AM

58 posts, read 139,226 times
Golfer I did not get anywhere with that one. We pulled into Minot last night and stayed on base. I went to ND job office this morning they were very helpful. On the way to Williston be there about 1:30. We are going to eat at the restaurant you suggested.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:56 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolfms View Post
Golfer I did not get anywhere with that one. We pulled into Minot last night and stayed on base. I went to ND job office this morning they were very helpful. On the way to Williston be there about 1:30. We are going to eat at the restaurant you suggested.
Sorry, kind of off topic. But I'm glad you made it safe. Good luck with a job. Where there is a will, there is a way. Give it hell and stay warm. -16 here this morning, pipes are froze. I melted some snow to make coffee so I really don't care if the pipes thaw out or not as long as I have my coffee. haha

Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM

58 posts, read 139,226 times
Elkhunter I thought -2 this morning was bad but you had to face -16 where are you at the North Pole? Lol. Thanks for the reassuring words. I need the encouragement especially after almost busting my a.. on the ice today.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:42 AM

11 posts, read 25,108 times
Default watching and praying in the South

Seawolfms,
I'm sittin in NC today thinking of my Son and his friend, 2 young men that took a chance for a new beginning in ND and headed that way a few days ago. They also are staying at Minot AFB billeting. I'm prior enlisted USAF and am currently in the Army Nurse Corp Reserves and so thankful to get them a room on base for a few days. I won't be able to sustain paying for the billeting and trip much longer and am hoping they find employment quickly. I'm praying for all of you, have been reading this forum for about 6 wks gathering helpful information. Would like to share info with you re: jobs in Minot, places to stay etc. My son went to Minot 1st to be on base, but may end up in his car or a homeless shelter if $ runs out before a paycheck begins. Please post how ur prospects in Williston work out today, I'll be watching and posting what my Son and his friend find out in Minot. God Speed!!!

Old 12-05-2011, 11:49 AM

14 posts, read 31,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloff75 View Post
Nope and the lady he referred to in the message didn't like that he was doing it, didn't know who he was. When she focused on why I called she asked if I made the profile and that I should be hearing from someone.
I don't know when you called her but when I called her couple of days ago, she was upset with the guy. Too many people called her and too many voicemails I think. I also called his phone quite a few times and never got through. If this were a joke, people could be really vicious.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:51 AM

249 posts, read 645,284 times
seawolfms - Keep me posted on your search.

Let me know how the Job Service help goes... I am working with one of their reps in dickinson trying to get something.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:54 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursenitenite View Post
Seawolfms,
I'm sittin in NC today thinking of my Son and his friend, 2 young men that took a chance for a new beginning in ND and headed that way a few days ago. They also are staying at Minot AFB billeting. I'm prior enlisted USAF and am currently in the Army Nurse Corp Reserves and so thankful to get them a room on base for a few days. I won't be able to sustain paying for the billeting and trip much longer and am hoping they find employment quickly. I'm praying for all of you, have been reading this forum for about 6 wks gathering helpful information. Would like to share info with you re: jobs in Minot, places to stay etc. My son went to Minot 1st to be on base, but may end up in his car or a homeless shelter if $ runs out before a paycheck begins. Please post how ur prospects in Williston work out today, I'll be watching and posting what my Son and his friend find out in Minot. God Speed!!!
Thank you for your service. 18 years in Uncle Sams Canoe club. I wish the best for the pair. They'll be fine, just have to push and be resourceful. Are they vet's? The reason I ask is that most of us Vets were taught to survive in cold and I would be a lot less worried.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 PM

11 posts, read 25,108 times
Wow 18 years, a long time to serve day in and day out for Uncle Sam, thank you for your service! These 2 young men, my son (20yrs) and a boyhood friend now (22yrs) are not Vet's, although I tried to encourage that route. I'm a firm believer that each one of us must make our own path, so I'm supporting that and will continue my support by helping them Man up and learn to be resourceful through the sheer need of it. A hard thing to do for a gal that has been a single mom for 18 yrs. I really appreciate you saying they will be fine, all family here in NC are pulling for them of course, especially my Dad, an Infantry Vet himself and a retired Boilermaker who has seen many long, hard working days. He had a big part in teaching my son how to work hard. I'm proud of him for going, taking a chance, wanting to make his own way. Cutting the last apron string and financial support this week will surely up the resourcefulness factor! I'm gonna toughin up a lil bit myself today and stop worrying, thanks for the good thoughts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota