Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:16 PM

84 posts, read 186,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtatscha View Post
Hi,

Smokey I think everyone knows by now you do not care for Obama, since this is the second thread in which you have made your opinions known. Can you offer any other viewpoints on the delay?
Thanks for the fair point and also fair question.

I'm not with anymore information than most everyone else on this matter.

However, I was not trying to beat a dead horse on the point but to shed light that it's a bad assumption to assume that someone who doesn't like Mr. Obama's performance as President is necessarily against Democrats or is Pro-Republican.

I will say that I have enjoyed all of the dicussions I've taken part in and for whatever it's worth I intend to retract from anymore political debates/arguments/rock throwing etc etc. on this blog. I'm mainly interested in helping to answer questions and concerns about Williston and working in the oil field. This is something that I can help many people with and have extensive experience in as well. Very soon I'll probably be back in the Williston area as we're looking at the real estate for sales ad's this morning. Housing isn't so much the problem as affording it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 12:34 PM

53 posts, read 190,610 times
What I don't get is there are so many jobs all over the country and outside of the U.S.,(looking on rig zone), for oil and gas, why are so many people just looking at North Dakota? Is it because they pay more?

Old 11-12-2011, 02:39 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,921,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey831831 View Post
Thanks for the fair point and also fair question.

I'm not with anymore information than most everyone else on this matter.

However, I was not trying to beat a dead horse on the point but to shed light that it's a bad assumption to assume that someone who doesn't like Mr. Obama's performance as President is necessarily against Democrats or is Pro-Republican.

I will say that I have enjoyed all of the dicussions I've taken part in and for whatever it's worth I intend to retract from anymore political debates/arguments/rock throwing etc etc. on this blog. I'm mainly interested in helping to answer questions and concerns about Williston and working in the oil field. This is something that I can help many people with and have extensive experience in as well. Very soon I'll probably be back in the Williston area as we're looking at the real estate for sales ad's this morning. Housing isn't so much the problem as affording it.
Perhaps it would be best to post political comments on forums that are designated for that.

Jasper

Old 11-12-2011, 02:45 PM

287 posts, read 689,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Perhaps it would be best to post political comments on forums that are designated for that.

Jasper
I agree with Jasper

Old 11-12-2011, 03:11 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,153,672 times
What most people don't understand is that a lot of the line was going to be on already existing ROW. Keystone is of no more danger than the already hundreds of lines running through the communities already... Personally, I think people are just mad, mad at everything, so they are just looking for something to complain about. Keystone just happened to be their flavor of the month. Now, they'll turn their attention to some other "cause" till they screw that up too....

Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 PM

12,971 posts, read 13,414,928 times

Old 11-12-2011, 03:27 PM

98 posts, read 208,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a34dadsf View Post
Never let facts interfere with a strongly held opinion.

Even if the pipeline was approved tomorrow, there would be years of court battles, vast amounts of project planning and financing needed to construct it.

Regardless of who was in the White House (BTW, the US government isn't financing the pipeline; private industry is) it would still be years before the project ever got underway.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:06 PM

84 posts, read 186,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxTeller View Post
I agree with Jasper
I agree with the both of you.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:27 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,153,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmx66 View Post
Even if the pipeline was approved tomorrow, there would be years of court battles, vast amounts of project planning and financing needed to construct it.
Actually, they have already been racking pipe, the contractors have been let, and construction could be started by Spring of 2012 had Obama not stepped in at the LAST minute. Which tells me that most of the R-O-W had already been secured or at least was in the last phase of such. Trans-Canada wouldn't have outlayed the cash to get to this point with the world-wide pipe shortage had they forseen this coming.....

Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 PM

746 posts, read 1,732,165 times
The map shown is for natural gas pipelines, not for oil or oil products pipelines.

Crude oil and refined oil products have an entirely different system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota