Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 07:16 AM

616 posts, read 1,753,188 times

Advertisements

I received a letter dated 2/18/2010 from NCESC, titled "Monetary Determination - Second Tier Unemployment Compensation (EUC)" ... the next line says "You are monetarily eligible for Second Tier EUC benefits as follows: REVISION"

Then it gives me a max benefit amount ($6,916), weekly benefit amount ($494), and so on.

Why did I get this??

I am in year 2 of unemployment benefits, year 2 started 11/22/2009. Prior to that I went through the usual 26 weeks - then the 20 weeks, then a few weeks of whatever came next (I can't remember the names!). I started my new benefit year with no problem - getting $505 a week for a total of $7,070 total benefits.

And now this letter. Does it mean anything? (Sorry, I tried to read through the huge thread unemployment benefits on this forum but it is information overload!)

Thank you, jdljr, for all you do. You've been a tremendous help to many!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 10:04 AM

407 posts, read 661,364 times
I got the same letter.

My new (second) year started about a month or so ago, and i got a SECOND TIER revised letter saying the same thing----
that i was approved for 14 weeks (at the last years $$$ amount)
BUT when i logged on to the NC ESC site, and looked at my profile, it showed the amounts for this year???

is this a computer error????
or maybe this is a letter I SHOULD have gotten last year (when i did go into that tier??)
can u clarify???

Old 02-27-2010, 03:46 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,438,502 times
I *THINK* that those letters are sent out as a result of the 14th week, and the total amount is REVISED to show what you were paid in Tier 2 benefits, including the new 14th week, thus a REVISION. If you've already been paid Tier 2, you (hopefully) won't be paid it again.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 7,503 times
I got 2 letters: one stated "You are momentarily eligible for extended benefits as follows: revison." What does that mean.. also a second letter stated you are monetarily eligible for second Tier EUC benefits as follows: revision" What does that mean? I have only had one years worth of unemployment. Please help...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina