Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:27 PM

40 posts, read 156,874 times

Advertisements

Would somebody please describe the city of Rocky Mount, NC? How are the schools, taxes, people, entertainment????? Is it growing or dying? Is crime high or low? Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 06:25 PM

29 posts, read 96,208 times
I have been there a few times, we have a house in Enfield (15-20 min North). I liked most of it, people seemed really nice. There are parts that were undesireable, like mostly every city. Downtown is not thriving by any means, but there is growth in other areas. Rocky Mount pretty has everything that you would want available, and I know that they are working on some projects to improve the economy in the not-so-great part of town. Only 45min to an hour to Raleigh for anything else...

Old 08-11-2007, 04:52 PM

57 posts, read 425,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da3234 View Post
Would somebody please describe the city of Rocky Mount, NC? How are the schools, taxes, people, entertainment????? Is it growing or dying? Is crime high or low? Thanks!!!
Rocky Mount has a TERRIBLE public school system. The Private schools are solid. Doesnt have much entertainment. The restaraunt selection is pretty bad for a city of its size. Crime is high in the ghetto areas like any other city. Rocky Mount isnt as nice as it was 20 years ago, or probably even 10 years ago for that matter. Its also experiencing a "white flight" in that the white people in many of the suburbs are moving out to the outlying areas of Nash County. Stay far away from the Edgecombe county side, or just Edgecombe county for that matter.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:44 PM

6 posts, read 55,218 times
I have lived here since January of 2005 and really like it. It is close to everything. I have had a good experience with the school system, but like anything, it depends on teachers, students, etc...

Old 02-11-2008, 01:53 PM

6 posts, read 55,218 times
I forgot to mention the restaurants, go over to Mario's, Westridge Grill and Honeybaked Hams in Westridge Shopping Center, Cuvee on Zebulon, of course Outback and Texas Steakhouse provide consistent food and service as well. Starbucks in Target, Java Mott's, and Via Cappucinno offer good coffee, the last two places have chess tournaments, live music, etc.

Old 02-20-2008, 01:28 PM

57 posts, read 425,661 times
Thats pretty sad If thats the best Rocky Mount can offer in terms of restaraunts. Even Wilson has some very nice restaraunts.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 14,245 times
This thread is pretty old, but I'm hoping for some response. I'm considering a move to Gay Street in Rocky Mount. Can anyone tell me about this particular neighborhood? Is it safe? Ok for kids?Thanks!

Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 AM

917 posts, read 2,298,865 times
No, Gay street is in the "gang area" Look further west out near Red Oak.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:50 PM

1 posts, read 7,584 times
i lived in Rocky Mount for 3 years....It's Undesirable in every way possible!!! NO Entertainment, Gangs, Violence, there has been several shootings at the only mall in town...Cops are lazy as hell and the people are even ruder!!! The housing is going down almost at 2% a yr. and the restraunts have to be paying off the health inspector cause my wife worked at several places and they were so bad we couldnt eat out cause we knew to much!!! Go live in Wilson or Raleigh...but NOT Rocky Mount!!! For you your kids and who ever else I can think of.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 9,514 times
Default R m

you gotta be kidding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina