Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 PM

12 posts, read 25,605 times

Advertisements

My husband may be getting a new position with a new job located in Salisbury, NC. I'm not as familiar with that area. Any suggestions for good areas for a growing family? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 07:15 AM

451 posts, read 1,564,945 times
Default Salisbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by angNdonME09 View Post
My husband may be getting a new position with a new job located in Salisbury, NC. I'm not as familiar with that area. Any suggestions for good areas for a growing family? Thanks!
On the way home from the Furn. Market, my buddy wanted to go through Salisbury where he had gone to college. The downtown area is lovely and you don't see boarded up buildings like many towns. Everyone we met seemed happy and friendly. As far as what you are asking I don't know, but have heard nice things about the area.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 AM

1 posts, read 5,319 times
I would stay toward the east side of Salisbury. Stay away from Spencer and East Spencer as they are HOT ZONES for crime. If you're looking for a place with more to do then I would suggest moving to nearby Concord. It's 12 miles out of Salisbury and has a lot of things to do.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:45 AM

8 posts, read 23,555 times
Concord taxes are higher than Salisbury

Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM

8 posts, read 28,337 times
It just depends... If you are a White family, at best " a native southerner," Christian and conservative you will fit in just fine. If your not then it will take some time to adjust.

My background: Multiracial woman married to a white pastor, a college grad (Masters degree) still trying to adjust in Salisbury after three years.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:41 PM

8 posts, read 28,337 times
I never had a problem with crime in spencer. The houses are cheap and crime is low. East Spencer on the other hand has a higher crime rate. Hope this helps

Old 10-07-2009, 10:39 PM

55 posts, read 190,411 times
I would recommend a historic district close to downtown. With all the revitalization it's nice to be within walking or biking distance of everything you need.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,356 times
East Salisbury is a beautiful area...High Rock Lake, Dan Nicolas Park ( large rec area with zoo, tennis courts camping fishing, playgrounds, merry-go- round,etc. and very low prices) Salisbury has a lot to do for a small town...theatre, arts ...nice library beautiful historic area...good medical care and close to Charlotte, Greensboro and Winston-Salem if you want more shopping or a special night out...

Old 01-05-2010, 10:14 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Maybe Elizabeth Dole's (mother's) house will be on the market, now that she won't be claiming to be an "NC" Senator anymore and won't need to claim residency

Old 01-09-2010, 08:57 PM

9 posts, read 38,148 times
I pass through Salisbury on my way from home and college, and my Dad goes to the VA hospital there, and the whole city seems to be really lovely. I know some of the people at the local Community College and they couldn't be nicer. and Pfifer isn't far from there either. but it's a speed trap, if you have to pass through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina