Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2006, 07:30 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,914,226 times

Advertisements

I am getting stressed over all these things and thought a small change of pace and a totally different topic might be nice..besides this board what else does everyone like to do?

I enjoy reading (this is one thing) and I am currently reading Dean Koontz, the Husband, anyone else up for some mindless chit chat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2006, 07:57 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,849,801 times
I totally understand, infact I have a nice tension headache going today. Hubby and I have a couple of classic muscle cars, so we putz in those. We are watching the Busch race right now, obviously we are into NASCAR. Hubby is also into go karting. So anything with an engine! LOL

I like to shoot photography and just entered our county fair for the 9th or 10th year and had 2 out of my 3 photo's accepted (it's a juried competition). I have won 3 honorable mentions but have not placed yet. I though last year would be it thinking we would be in NC by now so glad I got to sneak another year in.

Gardening and antiquing. I started collecting dog tags (animal tags/not military). I bought one from 1906! Who knew you had to have your dog licensed back then? Apparently dog tags are becoming quite collectible.

We have a yellow lab (14 years old) and a mean ole black cat (12 years old). Had to put our black lab down about a year and 1/2 ago. Now our yellow is an indoor dog and he gets upset if you leave him outside! He is scared to death of the cat and the cat knows it and chases him around the house. Entertainment! LOL

Old 06-24-2006, 08:05 PM

483 posts, read 1,571,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WenIs02
I am getting stressed over all these things and thought a small change of pace and a totally different topic might be nice..besides this board what else does everyone like to do?

I enjoy reading (this is one thing) and I am currently reading Dean Koontz, the Husband, anyone else up for some mindless chit chat?
Thanks for the change of pace. I love Dean Koontz' books; I've ready so many in the past as well as ones by Mary Higgins Clark. While I enjoy reading, I also love doing Needlepoints; that's one of my main hobbies. Although I only see one needlepoint store listed in the Charlotte area.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:19 PM

105 posts, read 623,366 times
NascarNancy are you anywhere near Charlotte? I'm very intersted in the Antique market in Charotte, Are there alot of shops?? Do you go to auctions?? Thanks!!

Old 06-24-2006, 08:40 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,849,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weloveantiques
NascarNancy are you anywhere near Charlotte? I'm very intersted in the Antique market in Charotte, Are there alot of shops?? Do you go to auctions?? Thanks!!
I am in Southern Calif! (house is up for sale) My bro & sis in law live in Charlotte and they are very into antiquing. They go to estate sales every weekend. I did find a local auction in Locust, they do have a website. Lots of antique shops through out the state. Sleepy Poets is in Charlotte and they also have a website. They are a large warehouse with stalls. Twice a year they have antique shows in Big Lick (near Oakborough). That was fun. We also went to Metrolina but I think that was more of a craft show, but I do believe they have antique marts. Once we get out I am going to check out the Raleigh flea market, I believe that is every weekend and was featured a while back in Country Living. Has about 200 dealers. Near the Biltmore Estate in Asheville we went to a nice antique warehouse also, I would have to ask sis in law the name of it.

Out here I go to the Long Beach Flea Market, it's the 3rd Sunday of every month and they have about 800 dealers. It's great. I wasn't impressed with the Rose Bowl Flea Market.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:23 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,335,049 times
Ummm...spare time? I have one husband, 4 kids, 2 cats and one dog! I also have alot of clients, who I really enjoy and a few friends that insist I don't forget about them. So...I dream about spare time! Maybe sitting on the beach and just watching the waves, smelling the salt air and feeling the cool water touching my toes...

Vicki

Old 06-24-2006, 09:46 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,565,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR
Ummm...spare time? I have one husband, 4 kids, 2 cats and one dog! I also have alot of clients, who I really enjoy and a few friends that insist I don't forget about them. So...I dream about spare time! Maybe sitting on the beach and just watching the waves, smelling the salt air and feeling the cool water touching my toes...

Vicki
I recommend Montego Bay or Negril Jamaica for just "wave watching"...

Old 06-25-2006, 08:21 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,335,049 times
Thanks, Mike! Since I have a client today, looks like I may have to settle for the pool, if it doesn't rain! There is something so calming about any body of water but I'm sure the pool isn't going to compare to Montego Bay! Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina